Can't switch PA back to Titans

Discussion in 'Support!' started by rokotehdragon, September 10, 2015.

1. rokotehdragon

rokotehdragon New Member

Hi everyone on the forums!
    I've recently switched PA to Classic to be able to host a game with a friend of mine who doesn't have Titans.
    After that, the expansion setting from the Gameplay settings menu has dissapeared. I have absolutely no idea what to do here.
    This is a Steam install, by the way. I've tried downloading PA through the Uber Launcher, but it had the same problem - until randomly the setting reappeared. But after upgrading my PC, the Launcher decided it would be nice if it downloaded and installed the same update every single time I tried to play - so in order to play PA I'd have to waste bandwidth AND wait until it downloads ~600 MB worth of data.
    No thanks, I said, and redownloaded the Steam version, ignorantly hoping that (since I switched it back to Titans through the launcher - AND also reinstalled Windows and formatted my hard drives) the setting would be on Titans again.
    No such luck though, and now I'm stuck with the Steam version of PA: Titans that won't play Titans because it opens PA Classic, and for some reason its Gameplay settings menu doesn't have the expansion option, it only shows "User Interface settings".
    Any ideas?
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Tried with --nomods?
  3. rokotehdragon

rokotehdragon New Member

I assume I have to place that in the game Launch options. Anyway, it didn't work.
    Sometimes, after the intro videos, a menu flashes with a notification where I can select "Quit & Launch Titans", but it flashes incredibly fast and then the ordinary PA menu appears.

I just noticed this is in the PA section instead of PA: Titans. Perhaps it should be moved? My bad for not checking.

EDIT: I assumed there would be something like a config file where I could change this, but I can't seem to find anything.

EDIT (yep, again): I just saw a thread at the PA: Titans section about a similar problem, they told him to simply contact support and wait. If anyone does happen to have any suggestions, please do help.
  4. mikeyh

5. rokotehdragon

rokotehdragon New Member

OK, here goes.
    These are the last couple of logs, but I guess more would just be more of the same.

Attached Files:

6. mikeyh

Not sure if relevant but try changing your steam name.
  7. rokotehdragon

rokotehdragon New Member

Yeah, that's probably because my Uber login was the same. Changed it, but nothing new happens.
    The Titans menu that opens up first (before the Classic menu) and shows me the "Quit & Launch Titans" option has started staying long enough to actually try and press it, but it seems it's ignoring my clicks.
  8. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Can you try a full configuration reset? To do so, go to "C:\Users\thero\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment", and rename the directory "Planetary Annihilation" to "Planetary Annihilation.bak" (while PA is not running of course). Then start PA. Does that help?

This will unfortunately delete any Galactic Wars, Saves, settings, etc.. If it doesn't work, you can undo it by deleting the newly created "Planetary Annihilation" directory and renaming the "Planetary Annihilation.bak" back to "Planetary Annihilation".
  9. rokotehdragon

rokotehdragon New Member

Unfortunately, nothing.
    I guess I'll most likely just have to wait for Support.
  10. DeathByDenim

Yeah, at this point it sounds like something happened to your account data, which only Uber can fix. Really weird...

(You did check Settings -> Gameplay after the config reset, right?)
  11. rokotehdragon

rokotehdragon New Member

Yep. It seems to me it could have something to do with the accounts, considering how it randomly returned to the menu when i switched to the Launcher. Apparently there's other people whose Titans is behaving like it's vanilla PA, and that's the reason support is filled with tickets.
  12. dawnbringerhun

dawnbringerhun New Member

Hey , I've the same problem. Any solution? Please.
  13. DeathByDenim

Well, assuming you also tried all of the suggestions above, and you indeed have the exact same problem, then the solution is to e-mail support@uberent.com and ask them to take a look at your account data.
  14. dawnbringerhun

dawnbringerhun New Member

I did, thanks for the help, the Support was awesome.
    DeathByDenim likes this.