Can't Join or Start Game

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Crossfire0mega, March 1, 2014.

1. Crossfire0mega

Crossfire0mega New Member

I just purchased the game on steam yesterday and started it up today. So I went into the lobby to try and join a game but every time I click on a game to join it says failed to join game and takes me back to the main menu. Now after that I decided to try and create a game and after I setup a custom system I went to add an ai player and click start but nothing happens. I clicked it several times and waited but nothing happens. After I backed out of it I tried again to create my own game and when I got to the player screen my name was no longer in the list under my ai opponent, so I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this game looks amazing and extremely promising! Thanks
  2. woutske

woutske New Member

I have the same problem!

[​IMG]
  3. stilgar84

stilgar84 New Member

disable/uninstall your mods (or update the black screen fix mod)
  4. deathslycer

deathslycer New Member

[/quote]

disable/uninstall your mods (or update the black screen fix mod)[/quote]
    I remove the mods and also deleted the sniplet i putted into the start.js script.

And yet the game still crashes
  5. Crossfire0mega

Crossfire0mega New Member

I don't have any mods installed and I can login, I just can't join any games or start a self-created game.
  6. osirus9

osirus9 Member

I've owned this game since Alpha and I have a very similar issue. I can never join games, it always says failed to join game. I can however create a game and play against the AI.
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Do you have any firewall or anti-virus installed? If yes try to disable/remove it or add PA.exe to white list. This game need ability to open TCP connections to ports in 9000-9050 range.

You can also try to change server region in settings and create game again. It's looks like there some problems on server-side at moment.
  8. woutske

woutske New Member

I disabled all mods in the mod manager and the problem disappeared :)