Cant find any game server.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by Emicenizo, June 23, 2011.

1. Emicenizo

Emicenizo New Member

Hi there!

I just have bought MNC... I played the tutorial, and then i wanted to try the game on Multiplayer trough internet.

But, no server appears! It keeps "refreshing". I fowarded my router ports as well just in case, but the problem persists.

Any ideas? I really want to play it online :(
  2. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

Have you checked the filters at the bottom? Same thing happened to me and it turned out I had a bunch of wacky parameters appear for no reason.
  3. racquemis

racquemis New Member

try this to find out of it's a problem with the serverlist or the servers (they need to respond to appear on the list)
    go to http://vps10217.xlshosting.net/?p=browser
    click on "Install Url Protocol"
    Launch the setup and install.
    Go back to http://vps10217.xlshosting.net/?p=browser
    and click on a green play button for a random server

If the game joins the servers just fine then it's a problem with the steam master serverlist.
    Let me know if this is the case, and i'll give further instructions to possibly fix this.
  4. bluekachina

bluekachina Member

Your description makes it sound like a firewall issue to me. Are you using a 3rd party firewall? The windows firewall never caused me this problem, but after activating a 3rd party one I faced the same problem. If you do have a 3rd party firewall... I'd try deactivating it at least as a test, and then restarting MNC to see if you get servers showing on the list.
  5. racquemis

racquemis New Member

I had the same issue once, right after i updated firmware on my router. reverting back to the old fixed it. if nothing works you could try to update the router firmware. see if it helps.
  6. Emicenizo

Emicenizo New Member

So, i used the browser server list, i and finnally could connect! =D

But... there are still no games on my multiplayer section. Any ideas? Filters aint the problem; and i have no third party firewall (I even deactivated windows').

Any suggestions?

BTW: First time online and i got killed badly :p
  7. racquemis

racquemis New Member

i created the join from webbrower option for just this kind of problem, glad to see it working :)

okay so it's a problem with the master server
    Try opening port 27011, that is the port the Master server uses
    (63.234.149.83:27011)

try to ping it using command prompt and the ping command. does it respond?
  8. Wahrheit

Wahrheit New Member

I had an issue with this due to my firewall settings, you might want to check them. :)
  9. Tharien

Tharien New Member

10. racquemis

racquemis New Member

63.234.149.83:27011 is up, my webbased server browser uses it for it's information. and it also pings just fine for me.