Cannot start replays

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jonasmod, March 11, 2015.

1. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Just tried to start some replays of mine to grab some screenshots, but they refused to start. :(

I'm on stable build, v. 78071

The replays I've tried to load is:
    Got "failed to start replay" with and without mods
    Got "failed to start replay" with mods and got stuck on "login accepted" without mods
    Got stuck on "login accepted" with and without mods

DxDiag attached.

Attached Files:

2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Strange. The first and the third load fine for me. It's only the second one that gives me a failed to start replay. Can you try the first and third again? Maybe they just needed time to become available.

If they still don't work, can you try opening "<PA Install dir>/media/ui/main/game/replay_loading/replay_loading.js" and changing this line:
    Code:
      var heartbeatTimer = setTimeout(self.heartbeatFailed, 5000);
    Change the number 5000 to 6000000 or something much larger. It will effectively disable the time-out, which may allow the replay to succeed. (Or just install the "UI Enhancements" mod, which contains that fix).
  3. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

After retrying a couple of hours later, the first and the third did work. The second froze.

I'll try the timeout-fix shortly.
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

The time-out fix won't help for the immediate "Failed to start replay" message though. That just means that the replay file couldn't be found.
  5. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Aaaand another two hours later the second replay works too. Sorry for wasting your time. When things didn't work I sorta expected them to... keep not working. :p
    DeathByDenim likes this.