CANNOT START GAME!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by NeedGamesInMeh, August 11, 2010.

1. NeedGamesInMeh

NeedGamesInMeh New Member

I have the game downloaded but when i press START at the Main Menu. A save failed error occurs. saying that the game cannot save to my profile and I need to check game storage and try again later. I have re-downloaded and no result. Anybody else have the same problem? or solution?
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Did this resolve or are you still having this problem?

Do you have space left on the storage device your profile is on?
  3. B4LR0G

B4LR0G New Member

I'm sure it would be nice to play this game... at least that's what I hear because I'm having the same problem. The game loads to the Title screen that has a Press Start prompt.

After pressing the Start Button an error screen pops up titled: Save Failed. The entire error message is as follows: Failed to write data to the gamer profile. Please check your storage device and try again.

So far I've tried redownloading the game data as well as moving my gamer profile and the game data to different save devices including the internal 256Mb storage, an XBOX360 configured 8Gb USB storage device, a 20Gb Xbox360 hard drive, and a 120Gb Xbox360 hard drive. The same error message pops up every time and none of the devices are full or even close to half of thier capacity.

(Angry comment about the game not working goes here.)

Any suggestions?
  4. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

Try using a different profile, just to see if you can get to the menu.
  5. B4LR0G

B4LR0G New Member

UPDATE:

I have just tried The_Jx4's suggestion and both of my sons gamer profiles allow the game to work fine while signed into either, but thier profiles are not Xbox Live! enabled. After trying thier profiles I signed into my Live! enabled profile and still recieved the same error message.

This would be fine if I only wanted split-screen functionality, but I would like to play multiplayer with my friends on Live! sometime.

I might try deleting my profile and redownloading it from Live! to see if that helps...

Any other suggestions?
  6. Brian And3rson

Brian And3rson New Member

ive heard on xbox.com troubleshooting forums that "clearing your cache" helps with many thing, maybe give that a try. i think what it does is clears all updates on your games, and the get them back you just do another update when you play it again. this clears updates for games you may not play anymore or have sold and helps something.

idk how to do this, so google it or search it on the xbox.com forums. hope it helps
  7. B4LR0G

B4LR0G New Member

2nd UPDATE: Sucess!

Woohoo! I didn't delete my Live! enabled profile, but I did use the Recover Profile wizard. After a 5-10 min download my profile finally works with the game!

I suggest to anyone else having this problem to do the same. Recover your profile!

Thanks for the help and suggestions!
  8. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

@B4LROG, glad it worked for you.

@Brian, if you ever need to, just go to System Settings and press Y when viewing storage devices.
  9. intelekt

intelekt New Member

It is not the hard drive when this happens, It is a communication failure with Xbox, not bandwidth related. It is a documented phenomenon.. there is some weird ghost in the system that causes it... The fix is using the recover profile feature and it is cleared up. I have speculated that it happens to people who do not download tons of XBLA or DLC releases, but that was disproven by some on the microsoft forums.

Not a big enough problem for Msoft to fix I guess..
  10. mrkita

mrkita New Member

Hi, I have just gotten this game and have had the same problem.
    i tried clear the cache but that didn't work, and i also changed accounts..
    How can i get this game to work?? Please help!!!

cheers