Cannot build catalyst

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Krossmaskinen, September 25, 2014.

1. Krossmaskinen

Krossmaskinen New Member

I was playing a game with a friend vs 5 AI:s, 2 v 2 v 2 v 1, and four planets, one being a metal planet. So at the end game, we thought "awesome, let's use the dethstar! (DETH!)" and so I shyly built 1000 air fabbers to get it done quickly, and get down all 5 catalysts. Or wait, is it only 5?

Because I notice there's an empty slot. And there's no blue dot. And I cannot build anything on it. My friend could place a catalyst there (didn't seem like we could use it together though :( ), but I couldn't get the marker to turn white when trying to build it. I tried stretching a blue build circle over the planet, just over the pole of the planet, spamming the build button while holding shift, but nothing worked.

So we had to abandon the idea and just kill the last enemy, MANUALLY! Can you imagine the hardship?

The game is awesome, but that really annoyed me, it was a big anti climax.

Has anyone else experienced this?
  2. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

1. Try using an area build command, it sometimes works.
    2. The catalyst is massive so you may need to delete/reclaim some buildings that are in the way.
  3. Krossmaskinen

Krossmaskinen New Member

Yeah I did:
    I reclaimed all I could around it, and tried using the build area command. And as I said, my friend could place it there (after a lot of trouble), but for me even the blue dot that marks the spot was gone. It wasn't just that I sucked at placing it, I tried hard for a pretty long time.
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

If the blue spot for the last catalyst was gone, then yeah the metal world was disabled.

Did you asteroid the metal world at any point, or did it spawn broken?
  5. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Maybe this is a different issue, but I have had to click many times to get it to build (sometimes).
  6. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

If you read OP you see that his friend could build.
  7. Krossmaskinen

Krossmaskinen New Member

The planet was not harmed that I know of, we didn't do any planet crashing at all (unfortunately).

Maybe the planet was damaged for some reason, so you could only build 5 / 6 catalysts, and so I had build 5 and couldn't build the last one, but he hadn't built any so he could still build. But that'd be a really weird thing, and to have to build 5 catalysts to realize that the last one is broken, that'd just be sadism :p
  8. herubin

herubin New Member

If you cant build Catalys on special point, try to spin it like other buildings. In some angle catalyst must catch point.
  9. Krossmaskinen

Krossmaskinen New Member

That's what I thought too, and trust me, that catalyst span like a carousel, but no luck. I'm pretty sure it was a bug, and if it needed more effort than I put in, like 5-10 minutes of trying to place the catalyst, then it's just very bad design :p

I span it, I did a build circle, my friend built one on it and I reclaimed it and try to build at the same spot, nothing worked. And also my friend had to mix around a bit to get it to build as well, but only a couple of seconds. And when I extended the build circle to try to build there, the circle kind of stopped just before it was about to exapand over the catalyst point. If you then extended it a lot further it expanded over and passed it, but still, it felt like the game didn't want the catalyst there :O
  10. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

woops.
    Last edited: September 25, 2014
  11. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

If he managed to build 5 catalysts at that side, i think it was the northpole. The problem is definately something other than just not looking correctly or placing at the wrong point.
  12. tatsujb

Last edited: September 26, 2014
  13. Krossmaskinen

Krossmaskinen New Member

Anyways, I'm not looking for a solution really, I mostly wanted it to be brought to attention so that the awesome people at uber can fix it some day :) It's not like I'll stop using dethstars (DETH!) just because it failed once!

Thanks for the response in the thread!
  14. elvisior

elvisior Member

I have this exact same problem.. it's really pissing me off.. I can't build.. but my team mates can.
  15. Krossmaskinen

Krossmaskinen New Member

Really?? It wasn't just me :D Hooray! Have you had it more than once? And have you tried letting your team mate build all of them? We were running out of time, it was getting late and we wanted to finish the game, but I had way more fabbers than he did so we decided I should try building the catalysts, but when the last one failed, we gave up and didn't try if my team mate could build all of them.
  16. raphamart

raphamart Member

It should be in support forum. Because it's certainly a serious glitch.
  17. Krossmaskinen

Krossmaskinen New Member

Moderator, I command you to move this thread to the support forum!
    Or can I do it myself somehow?
  18. tatsujb