Can you remove the 'Natural Collsion' ? [Blakmoor]

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by canadianbow, May 1, 2016.

?

Can you remove the ability of the Planets Collision Course, in the System Editor?

Poll closed May 8, 2016.
  1. Nope, it's a game feature

100.0%
  2. Just get to another Planet before the 24ish Minute Mark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. canadianbow

canadianbow New Member

STORY

Reference Note: Multiplayer Match with 4 AI and 1 Player (Myself) on the Blakmoor System with 'Let Player choose starting point'

I really wanted to get a 3 Planet System running so i could remake a kind of "Death Star" Situation. The First Starting Planet would be the HQ and after all enemy AI are Annihilated i would additionally setup massive Nuclear Launch Sites - Aimed at the next 2 Planets. I wanted the StartingPlanet to be somewhat Earth-Like and Blakmoor seemed close enough. i tried making my own System but i couldn't figure out how to remove or even just move Starting Points and Metal Spots or even set it up to be a Dual Continent, so i gave up.

However, after about 24 minutes i was basically done setting up the Starting HQ, i began mass producing cheap units for an initial patrol and assault, and suddenly the entire Planet blew up. Looked into the Review and it turns out it collided with the other Planet. Why did that happen? Is it a game feature?

QUESTION(s)
    Can you remove the ability of the Planets Collision Course, in the System Editor (or whatever it was called)? Just make them, well, not collide lol.

Or is it more of a simple answer like; just get there before the 20 or whatever minute mark and all Planets will survive?
  2. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

A system can be setup so that planets will collide at some time during the game.
    When you make a system you need to make sure the orbits of planets are different, or travelling in the same direction. I think you can simulate the orbits in the system designer to so see of planet would pass through each other.
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
    canadianbow likes this.
  3. canadianbow

canadianbow New Member

Yeah i figured it out a couple hours ago. Just adjusted one of the Planets Orbiting Distance (from the Sun) and changed some other things to best suit me. Ran the System and I ended up getting that Super Rare TV Static-Looking Glitch as well. After i restarted the game and replayed the map, it disappeared. And i tried to re-create it by doing the same steps but nothing happened...

Anyway, thanks for your help anyway MW!