Can we play Skirmish whithout connection?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by emporer88, April 24, 2014.

1. emporer88

emporer88 Member

I read in the description that you don't have to be connected to play a skirmish with a bot, but im having trouble doing this, I am asking this because my internet is very slow and I am not able to play online some time's, but in saying that I am very impressed that Uber has made the online so assessable, I get 20 kbps on bad days and 100 kbps and on good days I can play my heart out, but sometimes I have bad days and cannot play an online match, so suggestions would be welcome.

cheers' the E.M.P
    ps: you may find me versing you in PA sometime :D
    Last edited: April 24, 2014
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You can't do that at moment. For you can can only play on UberNet.
  3. emporer88

emporer88 Member

yea I looked more closely into the details and did a little research in 5 minuets, your right they will~ add it and when they do they may expect more players,

I would also like to know why they haven't already added in offline, but I know one factor will be the testing.
    and what's planetary vanguard mean? are you a moderator? if so and if not thanks!
    im amazed at how fast the response was :D
  4. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Offline play will be available at the release. A connection is required at this moment so Uber keeps a total control during the development process.

Planetary Vanguard are community members who are the most active and beneficial to the community.
  5. emporer88

emporer88 Member

thanks that has explained a lot.
  6. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Piracy, version control, bug fixing, and also so they can monitor the servers to find bugs there a lot easier, and test out new server features more quickly and easily.

EDIT: Damn, double-ninja'd!
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  7. emporer88

emporer88 Member

so much help coming from everywhere, its community's like this that people like being in :D
    cwarner7264 and cptconundrum like this.
  8. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

i'm just gonna leave this here :
    [​IMG]
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  9. emporer88

emporer88 Member

haha

Sorry I accidently double posted :(
    /
  10. emporer88

emporer88 Member

im not new to PA but I am new to the forums
    got the game in beta on steam
  11. tatsujb

ok well, welcome, the forum is home to many goodies, such as giving the game the direction you want, getting the latest piece of news first and mods of course. I have a beginner to PA mods thread where you can try out your first couple mods, If you click on my sig you'll be taken to the PA mod manager download.

also if you find any bugs, say so here : http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php (but do a search first)
  12. emporer88

emporer88 Member

thanks, im thinking about becoming a coder myself, already learnt most of gmk code and starting to learn javascript and ccs
  13. tatsujb

well you'll find the mod forum : -> https://forums.uberent.com/forums/pa-mod-developers.72/

has an extensive doc on how to get started and the easyest way is downloading a mod, and looking at it's files.
    all the PA moddable files are mainly javascript, with some Html and Css thrown in, sometimes .json. we have two json encoder/decoders available on the mod forum, for both 2D and 3D models.

Also use the reply and like buttons. they give notifications to your interlocutor, otherwise he may never know you answered :)
  14. emporer88

emporer88 Member

yea that's true I just keep forgetting to reply XD thanks for the support