Can Not Connect To Any Server

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by UberGaf, February 15, 2011.

1. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

There are a small group of players who are unable to connect to any games, or stay connected to any game.

If you have a Thomson router (BT, HomeHub, Etc), this thread is NOT for you. The Thomson router fix can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8YiopTocPk.

I've set up a server with some extended logging to try and help track down the issue. If you are one of the players who is never able to get connected to a server, you can do the following.

1) Unsuppress network logging.
    - Open MyDocuments\My Games\UnrealEngine3\HostileGame\Config\HostileEngine.ini
    - Change these lines:
    Suppress=DevNet
    Suppress=DevOnline

To look like this:
    ;Suppress=DevNet
    ;Suppress=DevOnline

The semicolon comments out the lines, thereby enabling a bunch of extra log spam.
    Save the file.

2) Launch MNC and connect to the server "Connection Test", password "fixme".
    - For consistency, please use the 'Join' button as opposed to double clicking on the server.

3) On this forum, post the launch.log from your failed connection.
    - Log file can be found here: MyDocuments\My Games\UnrealEngine3\HostileGame\Logs\Launch.log
    - Please try to be clear about what occurred in-game in the actual log you are posting.

4) Further instructions/feedback as information becomes available.

Thanks to all, and hopefully we can get this fixed ASAP.
  2. sahroo

sahroo New Member

There's just one thing about that, for me at least: I can connect to empty servers. I won't fail a connection unless someone else is in it.

Thank you for helping

Edit: UberGaf: Can you post a log from a failed join as well?

Attached Files:

3. Bane Falcon

Bane Falcon New Member

I attached my log, which actually went through, for a change. However, I'm still having the problem of not being able to stay in a lobby as a game starts... I get disconnected on the loading screen and dropped from the match, and that was the other issue I had in the forum where this was stickied from.

EDIT: I was able to join an ongoing match, and was dropped in 30 seconds. HUZZAH!!

Attached Files:

4. Salad Snake

Salad Snake New Member

Here's my log, tried the connection test; was able to connect. Then I tried an almost-full server, lost connection. Then another server that emptied just as I entered, was able to connect. Then another server that dropped me.

Attached Files:

5. FTP

FTP New Member

THANK GOODNESS you guys want to help us.
    I've been anger-popping veins for the last week. In my EYES. I already look like a stoner :O

Alright, here's what I did.

- Changed ini appropriately.
    - Connected to Test server: success
    - Connected to moveQuickly-Random Classes: strange bug in first round, no disconnect, but the gameplay froze... could still run around normally, disconnected myself.
    - Connected to Pwnshop, disconnect in the second round
    - Connected to Pwnshop, disconnect in the first round
    - Connected to Pwnshop, disconnect in the first round

-Uploaded file... popped vein in right eye.

Attached Files:

Last edited: February 16, 2011
  6. spinkham

spinkham New Member

I have a problem with random disconnection errors, usually somewhere into the 5 minutes - 3 games(however long that is, haven't been recording ;-) into a connection.
    I'm not sure if simply being connected without playing is enough, but I'm trying on the test server at the moment. Maybe the server should be set to allow playing games with only one person in them?
  7. lordjrs

lordjrs New Member

8. sahroo

sahroo New Member

Here is the log from a failed connection.

Attached Files:

9. XxSpawn

XxSpawn New Member

Here is my log file when I randomly got disconnected from a server about 3-4 minutes into it I believe. I was the only one in the server and I played through one full round before this had happened. Must clarify though that I have never had a connection problem with any game before, My connection is solid and strong and does not drop packets or the like. I play TF2, BFBC2 and Dirt 2 without any type of disconnection issues.

Edit: UberGaf: Thanks for posting your log, however, I really need to have DevNet and DevOnline unsuppressed (see the instructions above) to get any useful information. Thanks!

Attached Files:

10. spinkham

spinkham New Member

Here's my log from a timeout after a long play session.

Attached Files:

11. FTP

FTP New Member

Just don't forget to keep us poor souls up to date.

Okay? :I
  12. trashcan988

trashcan988 New Member

I have a Linksys router and can not connect here is the log..

Code:
     of getting irritated with this game. When I bought it I soon found out that it has major issues with most ATI cards. After finding a fix to it by downgrading the video drivers I found out I still cant play because when I try to connect to a server I get an error connection to host was lost. This is just getting ridiculous.

Below is my launch.log info

Attached Files:

13. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

The latest ATI dirvers (Feb 17 or so) seem to be resolving many ATI problems, so you may want to upgrade to those.

The current status of spurious connections issues is that we just aren't able to get enough data out of the logs to connect the seemingly random dots with regards to what's going on.

In the next patch (due out very very soon) we've made a few general changes like relaxing timeouts, and added a ton of logging that will hopefully help resolve some problems and enable us track down others issues going forward.

I understand how maddening connection issues are and I assure you we take people not being able to play our game very seriously.

Thanks to everyone who has posted logs so far. After the next patch is out, if you still have issues, be sure to keep posting your logs, which should new new and useful information.
  14. sahroo

sahroo New Member

It seems that relaxing the timeouts did the trick.
    For me at least.
    I played two games today.

Thanks a lot for fixing this problem~<3
  15. Darrus Dreadtiger

Darrus Dreadtiger New Member

WELL WELL

Let's hope that the added log features do the trick.
    Here's what I did:

- Reset INI files to log appropriate things.
    - Skipped connecting to test server, since almost all connection attempts succeed
    - Connected to mQ Random Classes server, dropped at the end of the first round
    - Reconnect to mc Random Classes server, dropped in the middle of the first round
    - Reconnect to mc Random Classes server, dropped a minute into the second round

Knock yourselves out guys!

ps.: This is my favorite server. I get this issue in about all other servers as well.

-DDT (FTP)

Attached Files:

16. lordjrs

lordjrs New Member

The fix for Thompson routers don't work for me. I have a Speedtouch 330 USB Modem and didn't work. Anyway, i called to my ISP and they changed my modem to a router, and now i can play the game.
  17. Darrus Dreadtiger

You guys only need one per person? Or do you want me to send more?

I play this game on a daily base, so I can provide LOTS of them since I still drop out of approx. 80% of the servers :I
  18. Salad Snake

Salad Snake New Member

That patch seemed to have fixed the problem, I can finally play! :D

Thanks for your efforts Uber.

I've attached a log just for completion's sake.

Attached Files:

19. Darrus Dreadtiger

Any news? No?
    I guessed so.

My best guess is, that the logs don't contain any useful information at all.
    It probably isn't an issue with the router as well, since it, allegedly, only is affected by Thompson devices and I do not have one of those but a Linksys, which is a Cisco device...

I really can't take this anymore. 60-80% of the rounds I play I get dropped after some time... and if I finish one it was probably too short and I get booted in the second round.

Whaddaya need? A special client that you can access? Hammer it together and i'll install it... Anything.

Btw... forgot to mention it... I have a Linksys BEFVP41
    So I guess it's not the one with the known problem.
  20. westarrr

westarrr New Member

The whole line suppress=DevOnline isnt even there.

EDIT:Found it.
    Last edited: March 6, 2011