Calling All Assault Pros

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by slingshot279, January 1, 2011.

1. slingshot279

slingshot279 New Member

:D
    As stated in the thread title, im looking for someone who is good at assault. I am now very interested in playing as him but it seems I don't really know what I'm doing. I would like to add that I'm not a complete noob with the assault, I've gotten an uber streak with him once, but I rely on luck and have no real knowledge of how to use him. I did read the assault guides here but I learn much better when I am shown visually how to do something.
    If you can help me, reply or send me a message.
    GT: EntwinedTodd
  2. F5in

F5in New Member

Try watching some videos

youtube.com/xenorich is probably your best bet for Assault videos.

(feels like I'm freaking advertising his channel everywhere, but it really is helpful for new players)
  3. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

This so much. Xeno is one of the best Assaults i've seen play. Luckily the few times i've run into him he was on my team.
  4. Miracle

Miracle New Member

Jordan. add Miracle JF, xShammas, or PU5H
  5. Drizydraker0ger

Drizydraker0ger New Member

Hey add me. I will do a private with you then take you around pubs with a couple team mates
  6. Grec

Grec New Member

GT is Greciler. I have a pretty good Assault, I normally go high 40s to 50s every match.
  7. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

Bah, how can you do bad as an Assault? You have no real weakness.
  8. Kappy

Kappy New Member

You know a pro assault when you see one. Most people think that assault is the easiest class to be, but they think that all the class is is shooting his rifle and charging. People don't see the skill that pros put behind the assault class. Very few assaults stand out as pro assault players.
  9. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

definitely. there is a HUGE gap between average assaults and good assaults. the average assaults are easy to kill as any class, the good ones are near impossible to lay a hand on. the assault is a pretty intense class. there is a LOT more to him than shoot and charge. i think another reason assaults are thought to be OP is because they have enough agility to pick and choose their fights so you rarely get a fair fight against one.
  10. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

I see your points, but I do think it is easier to become a so called "pro" assault player because they have no absolute counter class.
  11. Kappy

Kappy New Member

Not true on the no counter class. I have problems with gunners 1v1, atleast the good ones. Also a good rail gun tank is a problem for any assault.
  12. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

agreed. if you meet 1v1 and you dont catch the gunner off guard, theres a good chance you will lose.
  13. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

I don't think smart Assault should take a good Gunner or Tank 1v1, I'm not trying to talk stuff about you at all either, unless you get the drop on them. If you're in trouble as an assault though, you can get away faster than any class and like Tom said, you almost never have a fair fight.
  14. Providence

Providence New Member

If assault can't win in a fair fight then that just means he's weaker and needs to play smart in order to win, I don't see the problem?
  15. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

I recognized your gamertag.

I have plenty of videos that will give you visual help and you can ask questions to anyone on the forum for further assistance of tips and tricks.

It does appear like advertisement, but it is my intention to provide visual gameplay to help other players play better and this is helping my reaching my goal, which is, help others get better at this game.

Amen.
  16. th3cozy

th3cozy New Member

I'm not an assault pro by any means, I actually only played him for the first time about 3 weeks ago since launch. I was having a ton of trouble too and the thing that really helped me the most is just trying different endorsements until one worked.

I'm using RoF, Acc and Clip. Haven't seen too many other people use it and it really works with my run and gun, rarely use the zoom style of play. When I tried some other peoples setup I was way less effective and I just adjusted.

I found watching videos was actually not very useful. It's like watching a video of Tim Lincecum pitching and saying "ok just do that". You do get the basics, but beyond that it's just practice.
  17. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

RoF acc clip is a GREAT unarmored build, thats the one i used before i used armor; armor vs damage is all preference.