C&C4 development team lives on on borrowed time

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, December 19, 2009.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

EA isn't doing too well, John Riccitiello's new strategy is to focus solely on promising titles and to cut expenses everywhere else. Obviously he doesn't expect C&C4 to be very profitable and almost the entire development team will have to find new jobs after the release. So much for supporting the game after release btw...

EA will fire 1500 people (17% of its work force), cancel several unannounced projects and cut the number of game releases by half in the future. Quality instead of quantity is the new motto. Strange, I seem to remember John Riccitiello saying the same thing a while back but the only thing that really changed was the introduction of the most stupid DRM ever, Securom 7. Hard to imagine how EA would look without Bioware's successful titles...

Pandemic Studios (Full Spectrum Warrior, Star Wars: Battlefront (I & II), Mercenaries series) will be gutted, only 35 of the 228 employees have a future with EA. But the list goes on: EA Tiburon, Visceral Games, Mythic and EA Black Box...

In case you are still looking for experienced peeps for Uber, they are out there...

(Source: http://kotaku.com/5401542/rumor-eas-cut ... axis--more)
  2. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

This already happened. A lot of my friends that still worked at EALA on the RTS team have lost their jobs.
  3. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I'm very sorry to hear that Scathis. Hopefully they will find new jobs soon or found a new company where they can work on their own ideas. Personally I think the new C&C4 concept looks interesting, it just needed a different name. I think it looks really more like an action centered online arena game (Demigod comes to mind) and the name should have reflected that. But that's EA for you... :(