Buying Juice is bad for the game

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Thebigcheese, September 1, 2010.

1. Thebigcheese

Thebigcheese New Member

It's also too easy to get. This is news to nobody. People are getting tired of it.
    Last edited: September 1, 2010
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Starting many threads on alike topics are bad for your image. Those are traits of spammers and trolls. Any point/s you have to make now are irrelevant.

Glad I could help.
    Thank You
    -Stretch
  3. Thebigcheese

Thebigcheese New Member

1st, they aren't even the same and they are in 2 different forums. The 1st was regarding the patch changes and how they don't appear to do much about juice rushing. This one is just a straight nerf juice thread, because let's face it, it's over the top.

Look, you've made it clear you can't win without juice. We get it. Following people around just makes you look desperate. The part where you try to convince yourself my points are irrelevant is laughable.

It's a major issue with the game. Any decent player agrees. I do understand there will always be crappy players who want imbalances left in the game so they can exploit them. Ironically, you have ruined your own credibility by being of of these players.

But no matter how badly it bothers you, my point still stands. Juice needs a bigtime nerf. Thanks for the bump though, I'm glad you agree this issue needs more attention.
  4. Goose

Goose Active Member

You know, I actually agree 100%. It needs to be MUCH more than $500. I'm thinking like 1000 or even 1500. This way, people have to choose between upgrading skills or juicing. Some games where I don't upgrade every skill (mainly because I forget) I end up with amounts like this and if the need be, I will buy juice.
  5. Shammas

Shammas New Member

It can be countered. Use juice yourself, or just grapple them and waste their time. Don't forget, you are spending $500 to go god-mode for just 10 seconds.
  6. Jebiga

Jebiga New Member

500$ is quite alot. Mostly u will only buy juice at the end of a game so i think its ok. I personally spent my money on skills and the Annulliator and when i have something over i use it for juice.
  7. Thebigcheese

Thebigcheese New Member

The problem is the moneyball dies in well under 10sec in overtime. Also, I've never been grappled while juiced, not once, I simply kill anyone who gets near me. I see assassins a mile away on my tv.
  8. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

This, the issue is that juice does way too much damage to the money ball, often time destroying a money ball in seconds.

Oh, and to the first reply, you honestly think being a wannabe forum cop increases your rep? I think you should actually learn what a troll is before accusing someone of being one.
  9. Lagoon7

Lagoon7 New Member

Certain classes can easily get back 200-500 cash while using juice (ive even gotten 800 on one juice before).

The juice almost pays for itself.

I think a price raise to 600 at least... would be good.
  10. Shammas

Shammas New Member

They are fixing the moneyball damage in OT with the update. And if they are making you spend time killing them, that's less time you spend shooting the ball or turrets, so they are still slowing you down.
  11. halfcrazy

halfcrazy New Member

I respectfully disagree. I think that $500 is the perfect price for juice. When i play, I keep an eye on my money and by the time i hit $350 i start considering whether investing $400 in a level 3 or waiting a bit longer and getting juice. I doubt I would even consider juice if it cost $1000, and i would never pay $1500.

When do you buy Juice? I usually end up purchasing juice within the first 5 to 7 minutes.
  12. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

Actually I've thought about this quite a bit and I think juice is priced too low. The first juice buy makes sense.... 500 seems just about right. However I think it should get more expensive every time you buy it.

I'd rather see juice have a sliding cost, so that you can't just buy juice from the money you just earned with juice. Maybe the first time it goes up by $100, then $250, and then each purchase after that increases the price by $500.

I earn juice at least once every game, unless I get unlucky or the game is very short. I don't always buy juice, but I know when I should buy it.

Earlier today I bought juice twice when the enemys' ball dropped. The first time I ran in with natural juice, got about three kills and used the rest on their turrets. When I respawned I bought juice got about three more kills and used the rest on the ball. When I did this a second time the game was over. Each time I made enough money to immediately buy juice after dying.

And while all this was fun, it hardly felt fair to the other team. A sliding cost scale would prevent this technique.
  13. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

I still think placing a 60 second cooldown on the ability to purchase juice is perfect. You simply pair up the Juice terminals like the ejectors are paired as some maps have multiple locations. Once a Pro purchases Juice a timer appears and the next Pro has to wait 60 seconds until they can purchase Juice from those paired terminals.

In theory that is 14 possible purchases (16 if the game goes to OT) but it would prevent an entire team from spamming Juice strictly from purchasing it and keep that same player from coming back juiced until 60 seconds have passed. This combined with the decreased damage against the moneyball would make a big difference. Now if only there was a way to make turrets actually do something to a Juiced player so that they cannot simply be ignored.
  14. ChrisMikeRack

ChrisMikeRack New Member

Everyone throwing in their 2 cents so heres mine:

Ideal world, you shouldnt be able to buy juice. Its a special ability that sort of rewards kill streaks/good runs without dying. Being able to pay your way throgh that seems like an odd decision.

If juice buying has to be kept, then up the price. For sure. Even someone said keep it 500 first time and then up it each time. Thats no good IMO. People would just buy the juice once at the end of the game (this is all I do at current anyways, and I only do this as im forced to, its basicaly one big juice rush!). I am not always top of the board, and even i find it very easy to upgrade the abities I want to, build some turrets, spawn some bots and still have a good amount of cash building up.

The balance will hopefuly be redressed with the patch. Even so a slight increase in price wouldnt hurt!
  15. vintoks

vintoks Member

I'm agree with UberGunner, that would be a great way to fix it.
  16. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

To me this is the best end solution. Doing this will be the last thing they have to "fix" with juice.
  17. Cerberus150

Cerberus150 New Member

I think that the best solution would be not allowing juice to be purchased during overtime and/or making juice not affect your damage toward the moneyball. That way you can still use it to clear turrets and players, but the moneyball won't die ridiculously fast.
  18. xl G h o S 7 lx

xl G h o S 7 lx New Member

This is a horrible idea think of this in gb thats retarded. Imagine playing Laser Razor two people on the other team buy juice and your ball is going to drop soon. How would you recover from this without being able to get juice yourself? Uber do not listen to this. The juice machine is there for everyone to buy so its not like you cant buy it. You have to spend the cash you make the way you want. I've bought juice over 10 times plenty of times in one game where anyone on the other team could of bought it and stopped me.
  19. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

Every single map interaction has a timer with the exception of purchasing Juice. My solution is a simple way to allow players to be strategic about when they purchase Juice. It would also not prevent you from buying Juice multiple times so I don't see why you have any issue as you could easily purchase Juice 10+ times during a match.

It would, however, prevent you from doing nothing but purchasing Juice non-stop and this is the point of the cooldown. (I mean, what are you possibly going to do for >50 seconds while you are not Juiced and cannot purchase it right away?!) It would give the team that you are juicing against a chance to fight back without having to deal with a constant stream of juiced Pros. I honestly do not see the issue with the cooldown.

EDIT: In your example two Pros could not purchase Juice together. One of them would need to purchase Juice 60 seconds before the other so it would take actual planning to manage a double Juice rush. If a Pro has earned Juice through their actions then yes, they could Juice rush with multiple Pros but you know that more would not be coming for at least another minute and even then only one Pro could purchase Juice giving you a chance to fight back or possibly get the Juice for yourself. Again, I don't see the problem.
  20. Rawdell210

Rawdell210 New Member

more crying. its 500$ to get