Buy Custom Commanders at a Later Date?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by marauderxia, March 11, 2014.

1. marauderxia

marauderxia New Member

Will we be able to purchase custom made commanders (maybe from a library of available parts) at a later date?
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Probably not.

You could make some of your own through mods though. But unless they are server side mods, you'll be the only one who can see it.

But that's what's most important, right?
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I don't think it would happen like you describe, in all likely hood it'd probably be the same set up for the 1k Backer reward, a hand made commander that is actually unique.

Making things from a list of part just isn't as great as its made out to be in my opinion.

Mike
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

That being said, there will be new commanders added over time. So we will be able to collect more of 'em.
  5. marauderxia

marauderxia New Member

I figured that but it seemed based on the latest news about the high tier backers custom commanders that some sort of system like that was in place/being built. I was mainly wondering if that would be opened up to the rest of us later on (maybe a more limited part selection or something). I would love a commander that looks like a spider or scorpion, maybe even one like the healing dog bots.
  6. KNight

The only thing that's part of a "system" is choosing one of 4rigs to use for your commander, everything else is done by hand for each Custom Commander.

Mike
  7. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I think they said they wouldn't be selling them in the last livestream.
  8. marauderxia

marauderxia New Member

Ah well then.
  9. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

I hope so. I may go and make a commander modeled after CBT Summoner mech.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  10. thetdawg3191

thetdawg3191 Active Member

hmmm.

Why not give them out as a Tournament prize then?

perhaps even a special "trophy" com, that you only get to keep as long as you maintain champion status?
  11. KNight

It's certainly a possibility, as it gives Uber pretty much full control on how much work is entailed for them and it doesn't spiral out of control.

Mike
  12. cybrankrogoth

cybrankrogoth Active Member

Hi, I had a feeling that the Uber team were going to add in a way to customise your commander, and not simply for client side visuals. On the other hand though, so far all the differences in commanders are aesthetic, and serve no functional difference.

In short, if you can build your own commander, then you don't need to pay for them. Unless you refer to the original nice ones for backers, theta and delta commander- for the guys who give the bit extra and support the game.

If I was you I'd double check on that building your own commander though. They did introduce it in the october 2013 or feb 27 2014 livestreams, somewhere in there.

Enjoy!
  13. thetdawg3191

thetdawg3191 Active Member

i beleive that was exactly what the 1000$ backer award was. you, and only you, get a special commander built by uber, and usable only by you.
  14. Zoliru

Zoliru Active Member

omg thats almost 2 and a half times my full monthly payment X.X
  15. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Plus five codes for friends.