Building underground?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zeus9999, February 23, 2013.

?

how do you feel about digging

1. Time to shoot for awesome, who cares about realistic

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
  2. I am READY!

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. Sure it'd be fun

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Go ahead i don't care

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Maybe a little bit different?

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. no thank you

37 vote(s)
    68.5%
  1. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

have you ever played a game and just cant escape or hide, well a solution to this would be underground buildings. there would be advantages and disadvantages, such as no solar power, digging too deep, there would be a gate in, to isolate from other diggers you would need to buy a wall that cant be "mined" out, cave-ins. Also the good parts would be a great choke point, a bit safer from bombardment especially artillery, launch attacks (such as nukes or units) without being noticed easily, and for fun.
    Last edited: February 25, 2013
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

3. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

well why not TOGETHER!! but i would be a underground guy mostly for the invisibility reason but i would like being able to build anywhere if we have the best tech then i can build platforms anywhere cause air, water, and space would be easiest for them to do i think but i would like all over building like land, air, water, underwater (i know), underground, and space
  4. shadeusx

shadeusx New Member

I would personally prefer terraforming rather than actually digging underground. It would require a whole new set of building and construction rules. Besides, what would go down there anyway?
  5. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

well basically land units and i dont mean because i hate the planet im saying just to hide which terraforming is kinda the best way to get noticed
  6. meltedcandles

meltedcandles Member

I think there would be a elevator like structure that would bring units undergorund or dig a pit, or both. :D + this idea makes me tingly. I also think it would be a great way to maximize area to build!
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

8. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

well i wanted to revive the idea
  9. meltedcandles

meltedcandles Member

There was an idea like this BEFORE?
  10. KNight

KNight Post Master General

So why not just post in an already existing thread? Do you have a unique idea that hasn't been covered before?

Mike
  11. meltedcandles

meltedcandles Member

he probably couldn't find the previous post/topic, or doesn't have a idea, or he has an idea but isn't sure about it. :|
  12. kmike13

kmike13 Member

Don't make a new thread if you want to revive an idea.
  13. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

well when he said it was said before i just agreed with him and also if i posted on a old idea you wouldn't see it really
  14. kmike13

kmike13 Member

I know you agreed. I just get annoyed when I see the same exact idea for like the 5th time. And yes people would see it. the topics are arranged by the most recent post.
  15. meltedcandles

meltedcandles Member

i think there should be special underground structures that are low, but wide and long, and i think it would be hard to have aircraft in there.
  16. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

well lets not get deviated from the idea. i never think that weak aircraft would work underground and only special units could walk on walls as to get out of the base easily with no elevator, also if i was a hatch that could be hid i would love to be able to tunnel under an enemy's base and pop out cause that would be awesome, the only defense would be to make panels that you cant go through so yeah i would love being able to build almost anywhere. and when i say space i mean like a "platform" to make a small base or defense platform against missiles and ships
  17. TerrorScout

TerrorScout Member

I think it would be neat if things like Nuke silos actually cut out a hole in the ground to put the structure in.

If some or all buildings had underground foundations they could be linked with a underground tunnel built like walls have been in the past.

They would be hidden but things like nukes that do damage in a bubble could damage and if destroyed they could cave in.

It would be really nice if cave-ins caused the ground above to collapse and destroy any buildings above them.

This would need some extra AI though to work well and you would need small units to travel the tunnels and destroy the buildings from within. Also to defend the tunnels. or you would need the tunnels to self destruct when a enemy unit entered to seal the opening.
  18. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

yes those are great ideas also you could have a 4 level base ,air (not too much), land, underground, and water (which includes underwater). i know that is a lot but for a small planet it would help and who doesnt want to have a underground base is crazy
  19. Pluisjen

Pluisjen Member

We've done this topic before and the general consensus was that it's a bad idea because there's enough battlefields to manage already without having one that you literally cannot see without some kind of special view mode toggle or something.
  20. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member