Bug: UI for lobby messed up on latest patch

Discussion in 'Support!' started by sirscruff, March 8, 2014.

1. sirscruff

sirscruff Member

UI for lobby messed up since that last patch.

lobby.png

Did have mods installed at the time the patch came out so I disabled, still experienced this. Was using steam version so I tried the PA Launcher version, still no luck. So then I uninstalled everything, cleared out any leftover folders and reinstalled. Still to no effect.

I can still play games but only if I host them as it won't show me open games.

Also I have tried F5, it doesn't do anything.
  2. doompants

doompants New Member

I am having the same problem and can't figure out a solution. Have verified the install, but there is no improvement. With the latest patch (and lobby changes) the lobby UI is still very messed up for me, just in a different way.

When there was no READY button, host would eventually launch and the rest of the game would work fine. Now that there is a ready button, I can't seem to launch at all because I have no way of pushing it.
  3. doompants

doompants New Member

This is how it looks for me currently under build 62559. Note that although the READY and LEAVE buttons are visible, clicking them does nothing. This means I can't play or join any games, multiplayer or vs AI.

Attached Files:

4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

This looks a lot like there are some js errors.
    You probably tried already to disable all mods?
    Also I've seen this as well in some cases while doing modding on the scene after pressing F5. I could not tell the reason, just that it didnt seem to be my direct fault, some js error had killed the UI, but it was not caused by my direct modding changes. Had to restart PA in that specific case.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Can you test out which mods specifically broke it?
  6. doompants

doompants New Member

SOLUTION -- problem was in fact mod related. OP mentions he still had problems after disabling his mods, however disabling mods via PA MODS MANAGER cleared it up for me. Just goes to show, it always helps to try all solutions, even if others have said it's not the problem. ;)

Thx for the fast reply Colin.
  7. doompants

doompants New Member

I have tried toggling the mods on and off one by one, and cannot recreate, but in disabling the mods, I also uninstalled and reinstalled, so it might be old data that was causing the problem.
  8. sirscruff

sirscruff Member

Can anyone please tell me all the different directories I need to clear to verify everything from this game is gone? Registry locations? Before I try to reinstall yet again.
  9. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

The settings, mods and all that stuff is installed in:
    Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation
    On a typical install %LOCALAPPDATA% will be C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local
    OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation
    Linux: ~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation
    (Copied from the Beta Mod Changes thread)

You can delete that whole directory, it will be recreated when you start PA.

The actual game content is whereever you installed PA in the first place.
  10. sirscruff

sirscruff Member

Alright that fixed it. I can see the lobby normally again :)