[Bug] Stuck in skill selection

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by roadkillgrill, February 15, 2011.

1. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

While playing I tried quickly upgrading skill and somehow got stuck in a state where i could move but not fire.

[​IMG]

Ill try some more later to see if i can replicate this, the server was laggy, 280ms most the match then it improved suddenly.
  2. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

This is what happens if you go into skill select after using "ToggleHud" command in the console. Togglehud back on and you're fine.
  3. roadkillgrill

Except I didn't to that this time :p.
    I only mess with togglehud offline and it likely was not even in my console history.

I was toggleing between deploy right before it happened.
    Also in this case dieing fixed the HUD (Tank make short work of me without a gun)

Code:
    Log: Failed to play FaceFX Animation on: HCharTank_14 (HTankClass.sk_tank), AnimSet: FaceFXAnimSet HHeavyClass.SK_Heavy_FaceFX_AnimSet, GroupName: Default, AnimName: GunnerKillPickingPlayer01a, SoundCue: NULL ()
    Log: 'Say': Bad or missing property 'msg'
    Only lines from the log that look relivent, I tried saying something like WTF in chat and it didnt send while in this state, but all worked after a respawn.
  4. roadkillgrill

Got it stuck again in the skill selection menu, so it is repeatable. Again this is without using any console commands. I was was on a roll I had bacon and I wanted the duel minis and instead i got stuck in the menu. Had to jump off the map so I could play again.

BTW skill menu is bound to middle mouse and scroll down is select skill 4 so the action can be preformed very fast, some combination of this might be causing it to go into a bad state

Another screenshot:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/roadkillgr ... 8298086667
  5. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

You can replicate this pretty easily if you make a macro that just presses your "Open Skill Menu" button twice

you can aim your weapon up and down, but the camera stays level

as tank you can death blossom once, but can't reload

if you die, it goes back to normal