Bringing unmodified models and animations in from Max 2012

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by swizzlewizzle, October 21, 2014.

1. swizzlewizzle

swizzlewizzle Active Member

So, after months of dithering around it looks like the beans have been spilled about what Uber are using for their model/animation pipeline. (Link: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/what-are-ubers-general-business-activities.65210/)

So I guess the only question I have now... is the PuppetShop 2012 plugin going to be released to the modding community or do we somehow need to individually buy a license from Kees (plugin author) to have a decently comfortable pipeline for getting animations into the game?

PS: I don't have max 2012.. very interested if anyone here in the community with it are able to import a model using it using the pipeline bgolus spoke about.
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

PuppetShop isn't required from what they were saying. It helps them, but the animations are ultimately just stock FBX.
  3. swizzlewizzle

swizzlewizzle Active Member

Hmm it seems that puppet shop brings multiple animation files together though. Raevn do you happen to have 2012? Can you confirm animations are going through properly using the papatran settings from that post?
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I only have Blender, hence why I made the importer/exporter. But I'm going to see if those settings they provided help with exporting FBX from Blender, so the papa importer/exporter isn't needed.