Bring MNC to mobile.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by AARPS, March 24, 2011.

1. AARPS

AARPS New Member

One of the reviews I read for Dungeon Defenders called it a mix of MNC and something else... I can't remember exactly what. This is the tower defense that U3 used to demo the power of the new Tegra 2, and runs the same game on android tablets, pc and soon xbox and PS3 and will have cross platform multiplayer(!). I have it on the MT4g which runs the same snapdragon and GPU as the new Xperia Play, and it looks buttery and plays very smooth.

The controls on the phone may suck, but the dev is clearly not pre-inclined to touch and mobile and you can really, really tell. The point is you can hook them together or write U3 that runs on a Xoom. Blitz would be amazing in a tablet only version if you slightly reworked the controls and the view. Seriously. The Xperia could even play blitz and crossfire pretty much as is, and you can currently hook an Evo to a TV and a wiimote classic.

But what I really want is a match viewer app. Let me hook in and view ongoing matches and zoom around like on google earth or snap different cameras or watch the dynamic feed. I want to watch MNC like I'm supposed to. I'll pay to do it. As long as you've already built the thing, maybe you can sponser a league and hold exhibition matches on monday nights. You could get some commentators, get someone controlling the cameras and cuts and make a sport of it. Maybe Moto or Sony will buy one of the ad slots..?
  2. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Okay I lied I want the viewer to be interactive. I'd like to be able to control new hazards on new maps. I can see a mini game playing that tilting ball game, where you have to navigate the ball into the hole, but actually controlling a section of the floor in someone's game and you're trying to run players over.

Or when Mickey calls for headshots you switch to the audience and actually get to do it. It doesn't need to count for them (but how cool would that be?)

Or maybe you take over bots. All the mobile players just control different bots as they spawn. When they get killed they jump to a random new body, maybe even a different color but they still have to enter the enemy base through the correct side. Can you imagine how much fun the player spawned one would be though?

I dunno, there are so many options and with the new tablets and the amazon market and all... I guess the rush just has me feeling like maybe dreams do come true.
  3. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

The dev team is so small, this would be hard.

I do see this one day. They would need to develop the game further, to be even remotely capatable with this (probably a whole new sequel).
  4. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Trendy has 15 onsite, 10 remote workers. Not a huge team, and able to dev and release on 4 platforms. Plus the Unreal engine is already there, I don't believe that it's too tough for Uber 'cause they're too small.
  5. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Most mobile game makers are small groups of people, there is no need to have an extremely large group on something as simple as angry birds ;)