Both keymaps suck, ability to make own keymap?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by lapin, October 16, 2010.

1. lapin

lapin New Member

Hello,
    Can you give ability to change keypam to something more comfortable?
    Keymap 1 for support works bad because i often can;t make airstrike on another player because i have to releare right stich to press "b". The keymap2 sucks too, because instead of juice i often call airstrike, what i don't want to happen.
    I want to use K1 but with LB and "b" reversed
  2. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

No. We don't support custom key bindings.
  3. lapin

lapin New Member

And not going to?
  4. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

what do developers have against custom key binding? there are soooo many games out there that only have presets .
  5. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Because it's a nightmare to get through console certification.
  6. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

oh.. i never would have thought key mapping would be involved with any needed certification. some times i really hate myself for being a console gamer.
  7. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Try sucking less
  8. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

What's the reasoning behind that, out of curiosity? I don't see why custom keymaps would pose any sort of problem.
  9. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Reasoning is that every permutation has to be tested and work without fail and just like many other things that we have to decide during development, certain things take priority because of development resources and testing resources. I'm pretty sure there have been other games that do custom bindings, but it's not something that was a focus for us on this project.
  10. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

already been covered in the "vote for your control scheme" thread. every possible scheme needs to be certified as functional. 21 buttons, 20 functions(guide button being the 21st), LOTS of potential configurations that need cert.