Booster

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by arm2thecore, February 26, 2014.

1. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

I think it would be cool if:

1) it sounded more like a tough-*** rocket (maybe like a "rippling" Apollo after tower clear, such as ) - see at 2:25

2) instead of doing a quick 180 when reaching altitude and thrusting back to earth, it instead starts tumbling, perhaps smoking but without the thrust component
    Last edited: February 26, 2014
    frostybytes likes this.
  2. frostybytes

frostybytes New Member

Yeah, currently the extraneous parts of getting things into orbit are somewhat placeholdery.

At least they seem to have fixed the bit where the discarded boosters consistently caused damage to the orbital factory. The damn things still crash into the factory though.
  3. arm2thecore

Guess the things could be self-destructed before impact but then it'd look like a continual fireworks display over the launcher. :)
  4. arm2thecore

In retrospect an Apollo is way tougher than just an orbital booster, but it sure sounds cool.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I'm hoping stuff like they gets tackled around the same time when the Astraeus gets fixed as well. But as it's mostly visual stuff I imagine it's fairly low priority.

Mike
  6. arm2thecore