Bomb bots jumping? maybe...

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by spicyquesidilla, February 19, 2014.

1. spicyquesidilla

spicyquesidilla Active Member

So the new bomb bot is obviously first pass, so let's discuss what we want to see out of them!

I personally enjoyed using them when the patch initially launched. I got about 100 of them put them on the transports (which are awesome btw) and rained terror on the enemy's energy. But after using them, it became quite obvious they were a glass cannon. Not for the low health, but for there ill ability to near an enemy to actually do some damage. The best luck I got was with the transports, which become useless when the enemy constructed AA.

So I purpose that the "Boom" bots jump to the enemy when in near them. Or an attack order has been sent. The range of the jump is up for balancing. oh! and the bots would jump automatically.

I definitely want to read what people think of the boom bots, and what they want to see out of them.
    DalekDan likes this.
  2. grogyan

grogyan New Member

I haven't yet played with the new patch.
    My thoughts on how they should be are in this thread
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/bomb-bots-and-mines.56018/

Either way, they will need a certain level of health to be able to survive long enough to reach their intended target.

FtR, I am opposed to jumping bots used in this manner, what with varying gravity between different planets, could make it difficult to simulate properly (or believable, even in a sci-ficontext), when they could just hide (as mines).
    As I stated in that thread, in my mind it would open up the playing field to more dynamic strategies than just "flinging" units at units.
  3. spicyquesidilla

spicyquesidilla Active Member

I viewed the bomb bots as a shock unit. capable of high damage- yet has strong counters.