BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by broncoburns, August 12, 2010.

1. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

2. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

It LOOKS neat, but I'm concerned about the storyline. The 2nd one, IMHO, wasnt as good as the first. Granted, they make gorgeous games, but its not all about graphics. It needs to immerse me into the story.

Of course, I'll be preordering soon. :p
  3. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

OMG I am so excited already, I thought both 1 & 2 were amazing (actually liked the second better). I really am glad they are continuing the franchise.
  4. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

BioShock 1 and 2 were developed by 2 different studios. Plus, Ken Levine is credited with the creation of Rapture and the majority of the success of the first game, and he's in charge of BioShock Infinite! So I've got really high hopes for this! Too bad we're gonna have to wait til 2012. Hopefully it comes out before the world ends! :?

I really like the 2nd one, too! I think it was a great sequel. I think the reason many people didn't cuz you didn't have the lost and vulnerable feeling that made the first one so great! For me, the urge to explore and discover was still there, but I wasn't constantly scared of what I might find.
  5. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Yup, it popped up on twitter and it immediately caught my eye. Looks good!
  6. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

I agree Bronco, from reading comments and reviews I've come to the conclusion that most of the dislike for the second one was because it didn't have the same "shock and awe" feature as the first one. But the first only had that because it didn't have one before it.

As far as gameplay, atmosphere, and overall fun i think the second just improved on everything that existed. I will agree that the first had a better story, but that doesn't mean the second didn't have a great one as well.
  7. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

Wow. I was a big fan of Bioshock 1, Bioshock 2 was not as good but I did like the multiplayer.

Bioshock 2 didn't have the atmosphere that Bioshock 1 had and didn't have a good story, The gameplay was improved but there was less weapons.

To me Bioshock has been about the story and atmosphere.

I'm gonna get this for sure. I like the idea of a city in the sky though I think they should have used a different name for the title, SystemShock was in space and Bioshock was under water I think this one should be called something other than Bioshock Infinite.
  8. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

Unfortunately its all about marketing. >_>
  9. Tigerfox 360

Tigerfox 360 New Member

i enjoyed both.. the only thing that got me to trade in my copy of number 2 was playing MW2 for a week with friends, i went back to bioschocks multiplayer and was appalled by the comparisons.
  10. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

Odly enough this is actually set within the bioshock universe and from the gamesradar preview demo they do actually use plasmids of a kind... Although it's set before 1950 when rapture was created/sea slugs so im puzzled as to how the will pull this off...

But yes i'm very excited I really like the look of the american revolution art style too.