1. Tru BX Skillz

Tru BX Skillz New Member

Hello everyone. I am afraid I have some news that might forever hurt or destroy the world of Let's Play's and gaming videos in general. The government is trying to pass a bill named Bill S.978. This bill states that all gaming footage or copyrighted material in general will be taken down by the government and will be forced to pay a large fin or even up to 5 years in prison.

This right is to protect certain material from being posted on the internet, but instead of the content producers being the ones who allow you to present it or to cease and desist, it will be the government taking action. This not only affects all the free content for movies. TV shows, music, and etc. but it affects how people can create videos and the amount of censorship it is forcing upon it. Basically, the government will arrest you for putting a video of gaming up.

While I know that the government is only doing this to have a more secure control on copyrighted material, I honestly think that this bill is complete and utter bullshit. Why must the government have control of what a independent company provides, and even more specifically, what the independent company allows to be presented on the internet?

I am personally torn by this bill and am praying that this does not get passed. Please leave your thoughts below and explain how this bill has affected how you feel. Thank you...
  2. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

3. IrradiatedRadex

IrradiatedRadex New Member

You mean large "fine."
  4. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

That's nice, really. But this really doesn't belong here.
  5. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

trololol not in america :D

[​IMG]