BEST OF 2010: Best Downloadable Console Game from GFAQs

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by ShadowSonicZ, January 13, 2011.

1. ShadowSonicZ

ShadowSonicZ New Member

2. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

It's a GameFAQs poll. GameFAQs polls always have Sephiroth(be it the character or that equally-overrated game), Madden, and Call of Duty at the top. I wouldn't care about it too much if I were you :lol:
  3. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

Hey, Majora's Mask happened to win that "Game of the Decade" thing GFAQs did last month.
  4. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

Now I regret choosing to not mention that every single "game of the whatever" poll at GameFAQs always includes the words "final" or "Zelda" in the title :|
  5. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

To be fair, LIMBO was an amazing game from a completely different genre than MNC is. I voted for MNC, and have certainly gotten more playtime from it, but I can definitely understand voting for LIMBO.
  6. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

I can't. It's like Braid or Bioshock to me: everyone rants on and on about how amazingly artistic and original it is...But it's just a platformer with some random tweak other games have used before. Sure, they're not bad games at all. They're nowhere near the revelation in gaming they're treated as. I just don't get it. I was amongst those posers that think something artsy is automatically better when I was a teenager, but now it just seems like fun is more important than what the artsy side of the blogosphere thinks of games >.>

[/rant]
  7. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Just because something is artsy DOES NOT mean it's anything special. LIMBO was a great game though. The art was great, the atmosphere was great, the puzzles were clever for the most part, and the fun of the "story" was figuring out what you personally thought the game was about. The main gripe that players have with it was that it was too short and therefore not worth 1200 MSP. I disagree, and consider my money well spent.
  8. quizzical

quizzical New Member

I think it's funny how they put up games like Joe Danger and Cave Story, but neglect solid games like Blacklight Tango.

Even more funny is that MNC is third to last in that poll. At least it's ahead of Joe Danger. :roll:
  9. Nayr

Nayr New Member

I'd rank 'em like this:

MNC
    Super Meat Boy
    Limbo

Haven't played much of the others. But those are all great games, MNC being the best imo. I could see how the more casual audience likes other games more than MNC. Probably cause they don't play it enough to notice how deep it actually gets and how replayable it is.
  10. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

Limbo left a way bigger impression on me than MNC as an experience. It deserves to be a game of the year, and this is after having played MNC 1,000,000x more than Limbo.