Being fair to new players. Regarding knowledge of spawn locations.

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by lilbthebasedlord, November 2, 2014.

1. lilbthebasedlord

lilbthebasedlord Active Member

What's the best way of finding all the possible spawn locations with the current 1v1 map pool?

I notice that some of the better players know exactly where to send their bots as soon as the game starts, and I've been learning some of those locations as I play more ladder matches. I was wondering if I could get screen shots, or a similar medium, of these spawn locations so I can learn them and be on a level playing field with those that play the most.
    Can I see them in the system editor?

Plus, imagine a complete noobie trying to play this game, they would probably accuse people of map hacking after watching the replay.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The current mappool has 2 maps I think so.
    So yeah play a dozen games and you will know them.
    Or check out the systems in the system editor, I think both of them are among the default systems (Zaphod System and Duellist system). The preview should allow you to preview spawns for 1vs1.

Midterm this would be the kind of thing a minimap-mod could offer ingame ...
    [​IMG]
    Issue is the mod needs to know the map, but for a fixed ranked mappool that should work out.
    xankar and squishypon3 like this.