being able to replace turrets for a different kind of turret

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Arth, February 5, 2011.

1. Arth

Arth New Member

see title.

as a support i cannot count the amount of times that ive seen a laser turret on the front line instead of a rocket.. seriously if you have Hack3 then you would wanna prever a devastating Rocket turret over a laser pewpew

so yea if replacing a turret for a different kind of turret would be possible then that would be great.

its your own money that your spending then anyway so i don't see much disadvantages :)
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Hows this for "disadvantage" what would you do in the case of players "replacing" a turret just as it is about to be destroyed?
  3. Arth

Arth New Member

shouldnt be to hard to make a script so that the turret can only be replaced if it has full hp
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Well then that's no fun, only Supports would be able to do it regularly. Besides if that's how it works I will slightly damage the little Lazer Blazer turret and have my team ignore it for the rest of the game. :D
  5. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Too bad turrets repair themselves after a while, come on you should know that :p
  6. Blackbeard

Blackbeard New Member

It sounds like it could be useful however couldn't people use this to grief by downgrading rocket turrets to lazer blazers? Also would the people who built the previous turret get a refund and would the turret keep the level that it was previously at?
  7. Arth

Arth New Member

then your pretty much just a saboteur :?

maybe only make supports able to change them, makes a bit of sense

or that a rocket is considerd as a step up, and that a rocket can't be downgraded to a laser

but meh, ppl should be able to understand that they shouldn't touch a rocket in the 1st place

and i don't see much reason to sabotage your own team in that way.. its not like its funny
  8. Stalkeer

Stalkeer New Member

Getting a Lazer Blazer to level 3 cost around the same as RockIt level 1. A level 3 Lazer Blazer ain't that bad other then the low health/armor.

Overall replacing a turret is bad, it's not his/her fault that you hate Lazer Blazer that much. All turrets are good on their own way. You should be happy that someone buy/upgrade a turret at all because alot of times people just spend all their money on skill upgrade.
  9. traitormagnus

traitormagnus Member

Better on the front than back next to the money ball, right? :lol:
  10. eternal

eternal New Member

While I kinda think its fine as it is (though I think turrets themselves need some work)

Here is how I think the idea COULD be implemented in a relatively balanced fashion.

1. regardless of turret level the turret you change too will always be level 1 to start

2. Changing turrets has a DE-BUILD timer equal to its build timer for whatever turret it is. This is to help with things like changing turrets about to be destroyed.

3. You can't change to the same type of turret (obviously)

4. Turret changing costs more money than simply building a new turret. Perhaps 30% of the new turrets cost is added on. (So changing a tower to a Rocket Turret would cost you 150+45 for the switch cost.)

5. The money is deducted even if the turret is destroyed during the de-build time.

6. Turrets being deconstructed cannot be healed.

7. Turrets being deconstructed take an additional 25% damage.
  11. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member