Base Shields

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Hamasauras, March 4, 2014.

1. Hamasauras

Hamasauras New Member

Base shields would be VERY useful to me and many others, seeing to how i keep looking through the build menu to find something to block my base from air and long range. and because i cant find anything i helplessly whatch as my base with many air defenses is destroyed by bombers...... BY AN EASY AI!
    Dr4gonBender and coulter47 like this.
  2. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Scout and find the Pelter or Holkin and destroy the sucker ;) Dont think we will se Shields in this game :)
  3. valheria

valheria Active Member

I do not support having shields in PA.. Not that anyone cares what i think! haha
    stuart98, keterei, Methlodis and 2 others like this.
  4. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Use the search. You will probably find more than 100 topics, let alone posts about shields and how it has been confirmed they will not be in the game. Also Read the FAQ, this thing het brought up at least once a week.
    Methlodis and eroticburrito like this.
  5. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Please use a search since this is the second time that you suggested something that has been discussed over and over. This has been suggested and discussed time and time again.

Traditional bubble shields are a broken mechanic and do not fit into the playstyle of PA.

Turtling doesn't work on a map with no choke points.

The easy AI is actually pretty easy once you get used to the game style of Planetary Annihilation. Check out these Planetary Annihilation tutorials, they could help you get better.
  6. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

Shields are hard to balance, and will probably make it in post release but for the 1.0 edition of the game. I don' think shields will make it in.
  7. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

just a tip to get your head pointed in the right direction so far as "PA play style":

whatever you want to put a shield over to protect, build another one (or two, or five) of them instead. that way you can afford to lose it, and you keep yourself expanding your base.

now read that again. it's key in getting into the right mindset for PA.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  8. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

It's already confirmed from the devs that it won't make it again.
    Methlodis likes this.
  9. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

The easy AI is pretty simple, just remember the 5 golden rules of PA and you'll have a pretty easy time.

1. There's no such thing as "too much expansion" Caesar the hell out of those metal spots.
    2. If you think your army is strong enough, make it stronger.
    3. Defend everything, if the enemy finds undefended metal, they WILL attack it.
    4. Always raid to destroy economical structures, the enemy can't sustain an army if they can't run their factories and fabricators efficiently.
    5. T2 everything is your friend.
  10. lafncow

lafncow Active Member

11. Maruun

Maruun Member

But they will implement the function if modders want to make a mod for it. When i remember correctly :)
  12. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

shields I would like but as others pointed out, this is not going to be in the game, they might add them after launch for which im guessing their going to first see how popular shields are when modders get their hands on the tools and build shield defenses themselves first before they decide to go ahead and add shields to the game. It is almost a guarantee that there will be a shields mod, as there is so many people that want them.
    hahapants likes this.
  13. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

loophole time : P

what about the commander?
  14. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

aaack!

mental break - {reboot}

aaack!

mental break - {reboot}
    cdrkf and Antiglow like this.
  15. dekate

dekate Member

no shields for this game from the devs, but mods will do the trick asap after launch. be patient young friend !
  16. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

weither shields fit into planetary annihilation or not is rather subjektive .... objektively they are realy hard to ballance which is pretty much the reason they dont get in .... personaly i am ok with walls and energygates
    shotforce13 likes this.
  17. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

i want shields think they would go really well but totally understand why their not and there is some definite fun gameplay knowning you cant bunker down and protect yourself... but there is still some good gameplay to be had with them though and hopefully the shields that any modders produce for the game are good.... i like me bubbles :D
  18. arsene

arsene Active Member

I don't know if I'd like shields, seems like it would add graphical clutter.
  19. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

I can only imagine a blue domes protruding off the planet's surface to look like something out of star wars (half of a beautiful glowing orb). Besides, the game is no where near cluttered graphically though the icon department is another story. I only hope the modding community will be able to come up with a shield that looks as polished as the game is/will be.
  20. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Id love to see some more original shield designs.

Like id like to see a more dirty industrial shield that's like using pollution to melt enemy weapons with a big ball of airborne gas.