Backers are slowing down :(

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by superroach, August 21, 2012.

1. superroach

superroach Member

I noticed the rate of people backing the project have slowed down drastically. As someone who wants to see this project go awesome, and uber focus on it well, going ahead, what things can be done to help with it?
  2. thygrrr

thygrrr Member

The weekend is over.

I still think they reach their funding goal, probably around a million or so.
  3. lophiaspis

lophiaspis Member

Reveal a single player campaign stretch goal.
  4. charron

charron New Member

Also note that Kickstarters tend to follow a parabolic trajectory; they start and end strong (due to early supports and the last-minute phenomenon), but curve down to a lower amount for the majority of their duration (barring updates and other awareness events). So this is expected, and the fact that they hit the halfway mark well before the chronological halfway mark means things are in pretty good shape.
  5. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

They reached 500k in only a few days, a lot faster than Castle Story.

Don't worry, they'll do it.
  6. lophiaspis

lophiaspis Member

They'll definitely make it, but hopefully we'll get some stretch goals too. I think they should reveal the stretch goals now. That way people on the fence will pledge right away and tell all their friends, adding up to more money than if they wait with the reveal until they have 900k.

edit: assuming they have the stretch goals set in stone of course.
    Last edited: August 21, 2012
  7. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

8. ferigad

ferigad Member

Wouldnt count for the Projections. Honestly.

And the News still need to spread more. I think some new facts on the Project Page and some new Infos could help to get it goin again. There are still a ton of questions, in this Forum AND the Project side that the devs still not answered. And ppl get worried when there is no more reaction, no more update.

But the direction still looks good, i still think it will reach the goal. But it could be better... look above for possible reasons. Its a kickstarter project, for the love of god, not a publisher demonstration with one vid and thats it. More Infos, more backers. ;)

We cant do all of it, there has to be come more from the devside as more informations and gamemechanics. Just part for part, not all at once.

It could also help, just maybe, to increase the 95$ option at 2000 users or 3000. It seems it was a very intressting product for many ppl and sold out in 2-3 days. But in the 100$ category didnt happen mutch in compare of the last 2 days since the 95$ sold limit was reached.

and btw: despite my asks at the HP owner or mods, the avatar function is still broken -_- so hard to fix it? A little answer had been nice if its that hard... *sigh*
  9. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

Hah....holy sh-...if only...

But that's what I tought too, reveal the stretch goals now with the sum of cash under.
  10. ferigad

ferigad Member

I wouldnt even reveal strechgoals atm. Just infos... how will as example the economy work? Or what will be the interface look like/ what kind of informations it will have? Will there be 2 basis resources? What kind of defense possibility will be there, and how do they imagine there asteroid bombardment will work?

Honestly, we see mutch good stuff in the video, but thats it. No explanation about who or what or the basics of the game. People wanna know things like that if you want that they give you more money.

Its like fishing. But in that case you do fish for humans... (would it then be maning? :p "Let´s go maning!") Give us, the fishs, more bait in form of informations xD
  11. thygrrr

thygrrr Member

They can't!

There IS no UI. *

There IS no economy. *

The game is still completely on the drawing board. They are raising funds so they can make it a reality.

* Yes, they have some tech ready and a great concept video but it's nowhere near the actual game.

The real development doesn't start until AFTER they get their funds together (or they hit their goal ahead of time). That's the whole point of using Kickstarter - mitigating the risk of failure by spreading out the funding among believers.
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

They sure can reveal what plans they already have.
    I.e. they have gotten alot of questions and on reddit neutrino answered alot, it is mostly gathered in the facts-thread. They could i.e. put such "facts" on the kickstarter page.
    Or make nice screenshots of the Units, they already have models for them.
  13. luukdeman111

luukdeman111 Member

Since this project started I checked kicktraq very regularely and put all the data in an excel file. In a few days I'll probably start a thread in which I upload that thing with some additional information but for now I'll just say that the pledge rate has been constant for the last 2,5 - 3 days. Of course there is some variation for day and night but according to my calculations we will probably end this project at around 1,5 millions dollars. And that is without the boost a project normally gets at the end of a project. So don't worry bout it.
  14. ferigad

ferigad Member

Yes, they can. I didnt write they should post Screenshots or else, i mean they should reveal concepts, part for part, from different areas. They must have Idears. And at least a document or else with some simple planed functions. Thats what ppl wanna read when they are asked to back the game.

People dont await a wonder, but people would like it to get answers to there questions. And if they just make chat-evenings and post the logs on the Kickstarter page, that would allready be enough.

They sayed the time of publishers is dawning, i say okay, they are right. But so is the time of no-information politics if companys want the money directly from the player BEFORE they design the game. ;)

And some more concept idears as informations or draws from units how they should look like... not wanted to mutch.
  15. doctorzuber

doctorzuber New Member

If you are seriously worried about the kickstarter not generating sufficient funding (which I am not) the best thing you could possibly do is to simply share the video with a few friends who might genuinely be interested in another good RTS game.

It's what I'm going to be doing, if for no other reason than because I think it's extremely awesome and others should know about it.
  16. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Frankly, I think they do need to reveal at least a couple(if not all) of the stretch goals, the whole point to stretch goals is to get people interested and pledging for the extra things they want, all this hinting and vague-ness is hurting them more than helping them.

Uber, listen, I think by now there are a couple things you've seen asked for over and over again in the KS comments and here as well, mainly Campaign and Naval. You can hint all you want at these being a stretch goal, but they aren't just going to pledge on the possibility of it being there. There are people out there saying they won't pledge until X thing is promised, and as stupid as these people are for not realizing that WITHOUT thier pledges it will take longer to get to the point where those things do become a reality, it's also stupid to not take these things people are asking for and saying "No look! Here it is! It's something we want to do, but can't afford it at the minimum funding level." Sure some might still only jump on at the end when the stretchgoal is achieved, but many others will pledge in the hopes of pushing the funding amount that high.

In the end, 5 stretch goals that only come into effect past the 100% funded mark isn't enticing anyone, MAYBE if we had blew past the funding level by this point then you could dole them out one or 2 at a time, but when we still have have so far to go(and farther for the stretchgoals) you need to give those people holding out some hope!

Mike
  17. KarottenRambo

KarottenRambo Member

Actually the amount of backers/pledges per day is rising again: *klick*
  18. doctorzuber

doctorzuber New Member

I agree, it did seem weird to me that all of the stretch goals are hidden. I pledged despite this because I am so madly in love with the game concept and with all things TA that it didn't matter to me.

For others that may be a bit more undecided on the subject, having good enticing stretch goals out there as an added enticement to show them that their money will be well spent could help to improve funding.
  19. superroach

superroach Member

Firstly, I'm seeing a lot of people calling out for stretch goals to be announced. When in actual fact officially coming out with them couldn't give that much of a real big boost.

in other words it isn't as efficient.

They are hidden partly because it's a teaser to say more may happen, and to given them time to make publicity work.

going through the larger channels, they can possibly get their announcements out to the big places more than once - it's a lot more effective than an oversaturation of information.
    And I do feel like we have plenty of info at the moment - check out this subforum and neutrinos semi confirmed stretch goals.

I just noticed that Penny Arcade picked up the kickstarter for publicity as well, that can only help too. Interesting to see how the next day goes compared to the previous one.
  20. ferigad

ferigad Member

Well, you can call me yerk or dont like me, but its my opinion that ppl who wanna make projects on Kickstarter has also to reveal more and not be silent and dont answer questions, even if the answer is "We dont know at the time".

Sorry, but hey, they want somethin from us, the backers. We will be happy if a game will come out because we did our part. But we have no guarantee, and we spent money in the spirit of "good will".

Its our money, everybodys part, and as that i think we got a right to get answers on frequently asked questions. Thats part of the Idear of Kickstarter Campaigns. Not just another way to raise money. To let people be part of it and to show them for what they pay. And frankly at the moment we pay for a video. And they got a good reputation. But not for any specially explained game concepts, asked questions or known stretchgoals. ;)

You can now start to dislike me! :>