Backbreaker "Greathouse" Patch

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by broncoburns, August 2, 2010.

1. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

When Backbreaker was released, it got terrible reviews. It received these negative reviews because it is a broken game. However, Natural Motion has just recently released new details about their upcoming "Greathouse" patch. This massive patch promises to fix A LOT of the major issues with the current state of the game. No release date for the patch has been given, but it has been hinted that the patch is just waiting to be certified by Microsoft and Sony.

I'm not sure if you would be prompted to download the update when you play the demo, but if so I would highly recommend that you check this game out and give it a chance! You could also rent the game for a couple days and test out the whole package. Or if all else fails, pick the game up on good faith. You can find it for $40 or cheaper at most retailers. And trust me, the game is a whole lotta fun as is and will be even better once the patch is released!

For all you "it doesn't even have real teams or players" nay-sayers out there, here is a link to a forum that provides information and a download link to a save file that you can import to your Xbox to get all 32 teams, logos and rosters! All of the logos and players have been created with in-game tools so it is not illegal in the least bit. I haven't gone thru the process myself yet cuz I'm trying to beat Borderlands before MNC releases, but I have seen several videos on youtube that feature the NFL look-a-likes.

So if you're tired of the same old Madden game year after year, check out Backbreaker for a fresh take on the football genre and get ready for the "Greathouse" patch!
  2. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I tried it and like the arcade-ish feel it had, but it definitely isn't for me, ESPECIALLY with the new Madden engine...

I'll be picking up NCAA Football 11 this month, then Madden probably around christmas.
  3. XxXMullin13XxX

XxXMullin13XxX New Member

Good to hear might try it again after the patch, but will still get madden at christmas
  4. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

For anyone who is interested, the patch is now available worldwide. I only played one game this morning before getting ready for work, but it looks like they solved A LOT of issues! It is definitely a way better game overall! This is what I will be playing up til the afternoon of August 11th!