Awful Connections

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Polynomial, December 16, 2010.

1. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I am having a hell of a time connecting to any servers. Is it just me?
  2. ToxicFruit

ToxicFruit New Member

Nope have not been able to connect to a server at all. Sometimes they don't even show up.
    Not behind any kind of Firewall.
    Just see the loading screen and "the connection to the host has been lost" and get booted to the menu
  3. Qosmo

Qosmo New Member

Considering there are no dedicated servers, yeh :p
  4. Deman

Deman New Member

It's because it's user hosted.
    There are 2 reasons for not able to connect.
    1. The host is behind a firewall and no one can connect.
    2. The server quit and the list didn't got updated yet.
  5. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

We need actual dedicated servers. The connections are getting frustrating.
  6. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i found 1 joined but it didnt last long before the host did leave, and uber if you do make servers please make sure theres and AUS one...

also have you made sure you have clicked on the internet tab and not on LAN which is default for me, and then hit refresh to.
  7. Deman

Deman New Member

Yep the Lan tab is default when you open the browser. Kinda dumb if you ask me..
  8. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

it is only a Beta, that's why they make them :)
  9. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Well, MNC has LAN. That's damn good news for starters if you ask me! :D
  10. faits

faits New Member

I couldn't see any servers at all until I set up port forwarding. No idea if that's a coincidence or not. Then I had a hell of a time getting into any matches. I got into one for a few games, then the host quit. Then every server I tried would either fail or look like it was working then boot me back to the main menu.

Finally I started my own room and that worked just fine. Played a bunch of matches, earned enough money for my first custom class, and even ekanaut and hellchick joined in (right before my game crashed, opps.)
  11. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Tried to play a few games. 1 and 2 were fine, 3 had impossible lag, and it was the same host, so it was annoying. There's not enough people playing so when i start my own host I'm there waiting forever.

Is there any way to tell how many people are already playing on a server? Also, why do I only get a handful of servers (hosts), is it based on region or ping?
  12. faits

faits New Member

When I made my room it filled up almost instantly, and got new players very quickly each time people left. I think it probably depends on how many people in your area are playing and see a favorable ping to your room.
  13. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i don't get the player counter mine says like -50 and crap.....im guessing that is not meant to happen?
  14. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Part of the issue is that you can't tell if a server is full right now. Working on it... first day teething trouble.
  15. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

thanks it would help a lot :) still loving it, on mid the graphics look better then my xbox..
  16. Deman

Deman New Member

Just wait for it. They are have like a massive to do list now thanks to all the feedback. The next patch will own big time, it's like 1 massive anti bug bomb.