Auto camera tilt.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bearman80, August 2, 2013.

1. bearman80

bearman80 New Member

Auto camera tilt.

I miss the standard tilt of the camera when u zoom in;
    so It wont stay "pure top down view"; But tilt a bit like in most RTS:es, supcom etc.

Gives 2 advantages:
    1. You feel home since it is how you view the world in real life (from above and from the side, around 45 degrees).
    2. You show of the graphics and cool stuff automatic when you zoom in, without the need to play with holdning the space bar down.
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Although I like the idea I think it would make it hard to accurately select and micro units. You can always press m to go into freecam.
  3. bearman80

bearman80 New Member

The tilt usually accurs at a more zoomed in state then the unit selection.
  4. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

Since we're playing on a sphere, tilting is a bit dodgy don't you think. You tilt a little bit where there is a hill crevasse or simply a dent in the planet and you can't see anything properly
  5. bearman80

bearman80 New Member

Thats something for the programmer to fix. I didnt say it needed to be a "passive stupied tilt"; it can always use line of sight to zoom point or something close as a sucessful tilt mesurement and soon on. there are many ways to do it "properly".
  6. dallonf

dallonf Active Member

Could be tricky to get right from a gameplay perspective, but it certainly added a level of polish to SupCom and I'd love to see it here.
  7. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

In a game where you'll be watching over several planets and planetoids at once, i think a isometric camera angle works best. No nonsense, zoom straight.