Attack/Defend game mode

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Sayed Stafa, March 20, 2011.

1. Sayed Stafa

Sayed Stafa New Member

I think it would be cool for an attack/defend game mode. One time gets multiple money balls while the other team has a time limit to try to take them all out. And since attacking team has bots, to make it more fair for defending team, let's say instead of a max of 6 turrets, they have somewhere around 8 to 12 turrets per moneyball depending on the design of the map. And different map designs could be such as a triangle, two moneyballs that need to be taken out and then a third moneyball behind those two. Or maybe have 3 moneyballs all in a straight line, you have to take out one moneyball to get to the next one. I think it would be a cool change of pace from cross fire.
  2. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

a domination style gametype would be fun, but i don't see it being added since mid map wars are for the annihilator anyways
  3. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Attack/defend would be cool. It would take some effort but I could totally see it working.

Give one team turrets and a moneyball and the other team bot spawners. Hazards would need to be reworked though. Only one team would have incentive to use them.
  4. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

how would the attackers make money to upgrade skills if they have no bots to kill?
  5. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Killing pros, defending points, increase the amount you get over time, etc.
  6. Sayed Stafa

Sayed Stafa New Member

killing pros and destroying turrets would be the given, yet not the most effective way for attackers to gain money. Possibly the attackers/defenders have different cash rewards for kills and such? Another possibility would be that the attackers have an increasing pool of money? Or maybe a new turret can be introduced into the game, a turret that spawns on its own that's as strong as a blackjack? I'm pretty sure there can be plenty of ways to get this game mode to work well.
  7. teapot

teapot Post Master General

If an annihilator was still in play, it would be cool to implement a different effect depending on the team you are on. Annihilator for defense kills bots, Annihilator for offense disables turrets for roughly 15 seconds.

I like the ideas for keeping this game fresh.
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

9. Demystificator

Demystificator New Member

Attack/Defend would be clearly unbalanced for only one reason : Annihilator. Since there is only one per map, where should it be ? For defending team = 30s of rest and pro stalking ? Attacking one = 30s of ball rushing?

Getting money only by killing Pros/Turrets is near impossible man <.< Only snipers could get money, Sins couldn't get behind ennemy lines, same for the other classes. Just look on Steel Peel arena, when one team is hard camping, you cannot really kill pros with a good ratio, you do need bots and ball rushing to win.

I don't like ideas with many moneyballs, imo, they always deserve to be destroyed, you do not really "control" it. (With the term "moneyball", I consider the glass protections around the ball within).
  10. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Your idea is more like KoTH whereas attack/defend is attack/defend.

Both are valid game modes in my opinion. I'd most likely play KoTH more, but attack/defend could be fun. A bunch of things would need to be tweaked for either to work. Hazards and money gain being a primary balance issue, but it could totally work out great. It would certainly bring variance to pvp servers. Crossfire/KoTH/(Attack/Defend) rotation would definitely add variety and life to the game.