Asteroid gunships

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by rancor47, August 25, 2015.

1. rancor47

rancor47 Member

During development Nukes could only be send from planet to moon, not to other planets. This was also the plan for the unit cannon.

Later was decided Nukes could be send everywhere. Mainly (as I can recall) because this made invasion easier/possible.

Now with Titans and better orbital stuff, could it work to go back to the original idea? Also making asteroid be able to orbit a planet?
  2. radimentrix

radimentrix New Member

asteroids can orbit a planet. i made a map where i placed a planet too near on the asteroid belt and one time the asteroid changed orbit and was catched by the planet, always turning around it

also changing the nukes back would mean that the only way to invade a planet without destroying it would be using one or more helios/a fleet of omegas. quite boring if you don't have an alternative imo
  3. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

What can the unit cannon do now? I tried firing it to a desperate planet but instead of reciving a message like 'can only be fired to moons' or any other such description, it just didn't work.
  4. aevs

aevs Post Master General

I'm pretty sure they mean changing the orbit of asteroids manually, with halleys. So instead of sending nukes from one planet to another, you might build something like this and send it in orbit around your enemy's planet.
    [​IMG]
    (this was before the unit cannon or asteroids were in the game)
  5. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

Nukes are already pretty useless at their ridiculous cost, a nerf is the last thing they need.
  6. rancor47

rancor47 Member

Indeed