Assault's take's no skill?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by MLGIntervention, March 9, 2011.

1. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

Anyone think that the assault takes no skill i have one anonymous person in mind that believes this. And if you look at the majority of the players that play MNC they play assault.
    Opinion's?
  2. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

It's the most familiar class when compared to more traditional shooters. With great mobility and the standard down sights mechanic, it appeals to new players coming from carl of duty for example.

The beautiful part is the class has no direct counter, making it appealing to the veterans that know the metagame. Both of these reasons make the assault the flavor of the month, and it will stay that way until changes to the class balances are made.
  3. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

this plus I think assault takes less knowledge to play. look at the guides. A Tank or assassin guide has a lot content in it. while an assault guide is stay high, lay fire on everything you see. bomb your opponents, charge to get away.
  4. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

It's not that it takes no skill, but it's easier to master. And once you're master, everyone cries. How've you not figured this out by now?
  5. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

Well the assassin and tank guides are larger due to more information needed as there are multiple situations those classes are getting into, not to mention positioning as those classes have hard counters. The assault is more linear then the tank, run in and kill some dudes, if you become out numbered charge and fly away. That tactic applies to all of the classes.

So yeah I guess they are easier to play.
  6. th3cozy

th3cozy New Member

I agree.

And as I said in my other thread, without a solid counter class they should have a better KDR on average against equally skilled players.

But no skill? Just a silly question there.
  7. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

The way I see it, the Assault can do serious damage even with inexperienced players behind the controls. In this example, he doesnt take a lot of skill to be a nuisance.

I also believe that, like the assassin, he can be devastating with someone who really knows how to operate. He's a stick and move charachter, most lethal in pairs that take over "sticking" when the other needs to move.

Noobs can compete with assault, but against experienced players, they get exposed. An assault in the hands of the top players with real SKILL is a nightmare.
  8. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

Assaults require a lot of skill. Bomb placement and accuracy definitely take some skill.
  9. F5in

F5in New Member

Sort of, but not in the Support no skill sense. They're just plain overpowered.

Well the majority of Black Ops players have FAMAS/AK74u as their most liked weapon. People like using easier things to do better.
  10. Aeadon

Aeadon New Member

I'm not going to say that they don't take any skill at all, but I will say that when I see someone from the forums and they're only playing assault, I lose respect for them. I get tired of the huge amount of average players that think they have some sort of prominence in this community because they regularly carry a 3-4 k/d in pubs. It doesn't even matter if they don't mind the objective the entire game, they can just juice in overtime and win it for their team no problem and pat themselves on the back for being the champion of their team.

Assaults will be the reason I quit this game...when I load into a game and see a GOOD Assault, I don't even bother because there's -nothing- I can do to compete with that short of trying to play the same class better or going Assassin and trying to sneak a lane in, which only works if they're borderline retarded.
  11. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

assault is the counter class for sniper and thats the reason why everyone picks it vs snipers.

Almost like how snipers have the edge over gunners

just the game mechanics...
  12. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Assault's take's a variety of skill's to play well. A few example's would be:

• Knowing when to switch weapon's.
    • Using your bomb's to deny the enemie's map control.
    • Knowing your way around the map's.
    • Correct's use's of's apostrophe's i's crucial's.
  13. Miracle

Miracle New Member

If assault took no skill why are cant people compete with Kckzi and I? I will agree though that the assault is easy to pick up.
  14. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

My opinion is that just because you can pick up on the class does not mean your "skilled" with it.
    Side note: Jeff!!!!! i got a 0 on my paper :cry:
  15. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

SMG Sniper > Kckzi.

CHECK MY SIG YO
  16. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

I never played "Carl of Duty" is it good
  17. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

If you are good at HALO you will be good with the assault because they are completely the same in HALO.
    same gun, jet pack, can run quick, vert jump high,same bomb,etc..
  18. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

Edit is on the bottom of your post.

On topic: Assaults are easier to learn due to their massive damage, and mobility. But to be good, and not die after every kill, it does take some skill to do good constantly.
  19. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

And thats why i don't use those guns.
  20. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

I can.

But it's still a good question for everyone else.