Assaults charge

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Private RyanO89, December 21, 2010.

1. Private RyanO89

Private RyanO89 New Member

The assaults charge graple should be an option it would be great for geting someone juiced in your base out but if your fighting more then one person and you charge grapple them your going to die i think a simple way to applie this is just make it so if you want to charge grabble hold B and if you dont just press B.
    Last edited: December 21, 2010
  2. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I see what you mean. Like, you want to be able to charge through something without managing to grapple someone in the proccess?

I like that thought, actually.
  3. HI IM SNARF

HI IM SNARF New Member

I like the idea as well. I always figured just making the animation faster would do the job.
  4. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

Couldn't you just tap the hover button at the start of the dash then tap it again after you've knocked another guy out of the way? I haven't tried such myself, but I'd imagine you could get a couple ring outs that way.
  5. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

no. when you buy charge 3, it changes how charge works. it makes the charge deal JUST enough damage to kill a slimbot, and all the damage is delivered via the grapple. so if you dont grapple them, it deals a very small amount of damage.
  6. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

I didn't say anything about the damage >.>
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

That's what Charge 2 is for.
  8. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

no. because if the charge would throw you, you would be out of range of the grapple. all it does is kill small bots that cant be grappled
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

wow great idea. i really wish there was some way you could charge three without the grapple. hmm

oh wait, THERE IS! if you press Y before charging, you hover. if you hover, or are jumping in the air, your charge doesnt grapple on impact.

there, i just saved the devs some time.
  10. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

JESUS CHRIST BRO THIS IS THE THIRD TIME IVE HAD TO SAY THIS TO YOU! HAVE YOU EVER TRIED DOING THAT YOURSELF? IF YOU TAP Y BEFORE CHARGING AT LV 3 IT DOES ALMOST NO DAMAGE OR KNOCKBACK!
    [​IMG]
  11. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

it does more knockback and charge than lvl2? and regenerates faster?

???
  12. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

no, it has almost NO knockback whatsoever. all of the damage from charge 3 comes from the grapple. take away the grapple and you take away most of the damage.
    and how does it have more "charge"?
  13. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

lets just agree that whatever i say, you will deny? i kill waves of blackjacks with it and bomb all the time, whereas bomb doesnt kill them on its own. charge 3 airborne also kill assassins. and i get ringouts against gunners with it. i dont see how it has less anything.

you might as well also deny the fact that it regens faster too. any devs wana validate what im saying if you happen to see this?
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Sorry to say this Bro but Tom is right.
  15. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

what are you stretch, crazy? since he is better than billy at assault, he should know what he is talking about more than anyone else here. he is right, even after i tested out this flying charge 3 + bomb 3 right after he posted that and found it to be completely false, it is true.
  16. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Ok. I hafta chime in here. Tom an i went into a private match to test this. He tapped "y" to fly at ground level and then charged me. He tried this on me 3 times in a spot on the map where turrets and bots gave us no interference.

Here are the results:
    Charge 1 - Knocked me back a few feet and displayed my FULL HEALTH BAR.
    Charge 2 - Knocked me back a few feet and displayed my FULL HEALTH BAR.
    Charge 3 - Killed me!* Only after knocking me back a few feet and displaying a FULL HEALTH BAR.

*A-hole head crabbed me!

We were going to do this quite a few more times to narrow the margin of error, but after being head crabbed, I immediately rage-quit. You can thank Tom#'s the Fun-wrecker for the skewed results!