Assaults Being Overhealed.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by BroTranquilty, April 24, 2011.

1. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

What I think would balance assaults out more and continue to make make them a seperate entity from the other classes, is return their skill cooldowns to normal...

and THEN make them unable to recieve an overheal, possibly even a heal at all. This would emphasize their lone-wolf-complex. Plus, as far as balance goes, I was playing a private with good players (yes, on the xbox, please use this as your counter-arguement, I will not be suprised), and this would have made it feel more normal as a gunner.

Fighting overhealed assaults as a gunner made it seem like they were more agile gunners with bombs and less armor. I was only able to win with combined firepower, or in 1v1 scenarios when I was point blank or suprised him or sprayed at him without health of course.

Just thought this would return the feel of the assault's dashing around, while removing something that really did make them usually phaze out gunners and lack a hard counter. They would still have a place as a hit-and-run in-and-out class. They would just have to make SURE they can handle the fights they get into or flee, and keep them out of the field for longer after fights.

But please post which you would perfer. Just an idea.
    Last edited: April 24, 2011
  2. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Hmm, interesting idea there. It looks good on paper, but in practice, I'm not sure.
  3. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

Huh?
  4. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Taking away a heal target is a bad idea. Period. I need my meatshields to survive mid-long range combat. Tearing up close range isn't a problem but closing the gap is suicide. If a gunner isn't nearby I'd like the next best thing, an assault, to be my heal point.

Support likes having support.

And only because you asked for it. Crawl back to the inferior gaming devise you dare to call a console you analog stick humping neanderthal. We of the sacred class of gamer shun your views as they come from the corrupt land that is the 360 playerbase. Begone demon, we shall have none of your kind here.
  5. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

Do you even stop to reflect before you post?

You complain that an over healed assault is difficult to kill solo and are only able to win while teaming up.

It took 2 players to generate that one over healed assault.

Stop posting before thinking.
  6. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

You have gotten all of the updates since steam came out, however... We got it first, and that means every "new" idea or strategy you guys have, I will be able to link a post discussing it which was dated months before MNC for PC.

But on topic, it isn't like supports really rely heavily on assaults to shield and support. So far, the only assault-support relationship I always saw is one-sided. This is because the assault needs to hop around and keep climbing and crossing high gaps. The assault gets a heal from the support, and then he goes away, and even if the support was in danger the assault would either provide a very passable distraction or would leave the support for dead anyway. As a support, I heal assassins and assaults too, but I find assaults never help me back, I just do it so they get back on the field faster.

Thinking of it this way, if an assault actually stayed as cover for a support, I would be HAPPIER than them being seperate of a support. At least that puts them in one place getting healed instead of hopping everywhere. Either way, it was just an idea. Glad they got rebalanced on PC either way, they grief hard on xbox still (other than moneyball damage, I don't see them overpowered in skilled play).
  7. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

We should really leave the forum before we get hate mail bro, back to 360 gaming i go
  8. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

The gunner loves me enough to die for me... :cry:

Well, since everyone loves a TF2 comparison, it isn't like the scout needs an overheal, or the medic needs the scout to shield him, or if that scenario did happen for it to actually help.

Well, back to the xbox forums we go! Up, Up, and AWAY!
    [​IMG]
  9. killien

killien Active Member

We know, you've been pointing it out at almost every chance lately that XBox got a 5 month head start on MNC strategies
  10. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

Just stop posting. Really. You have zero understanding of medic mechanics in TF2. I'd expect similar understanding of MNC medic/engineer hybrid that is support even with a "5 month head start".

Here's a super secret tip: any class (ANY!) with 150% health is now significantly more difficult to kill. In both TF2 and MNC.

Whether or not you ever see players that can actually make use of the health boost is not relevant.

Secondly, you get a bonus for healing people that are actually hurt. In both TF2 and MNC.
  11. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

It is also significantly easier to ignore them over the medic/support as well. An assault, especially with his charge/bomb spent, isn't stopping you from burying the support. A scout won't stop you either barring that he needs to keep moving and thus can't stand directly in the way to stop you attacking the medic.

I dunno, I just felt the assault lost something that divides the class from gunner. He is still rounded compared to gunner, but still phazes into the same area as a gunner for point-guarding (the purpose anyway, but without mixup).

Moneyball damage nerf would have felt less akward, or a nerf to bot damage... Dunno why I think he needs charge cooldown, or why I support a lot of classes I don't play that seem overpowered. TBH, it feels more fixed now than before, so don't fix what isn't broken (anymore) I guess. Just an idea for different nerfs instead of charge.
  12. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I only need them for a few seconds. If I'm taking fire and they're getting healed, they always help me in that instance because it's usually an easy kill for them. After they kill the guy riding me they can go on their merry assault way.
  13. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

Ignoring any capable player is just stupid. They will kill you with no skills in short order if you ignore them. As anything.

Stop basing stupid arguments on bad players.
  14. Vlane

Vlane New Member

This is tinygod territory of retarded ideas right here.
  15. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

This this this this this this this this this.
  16. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

:lol: He's trolling on the Steam forums now under the name of Thundergod. Someone wanna chase him away?
  17. eternal

eternal New Member

So...

Assault with 150% health working with a 2nd player is difficult to take down as a single player working on your own.

If anything the fact it takes 2 players working in tandem to make the Assault a threat seems to point to being underpowered rather than over powered.
  18. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Making assaults unhealable would just be a weird exception that would seem like a bug to most people
  19. eternal

eternal New Member

TinyTranquility
  20. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

It kinda ruins team work, really. Also what's the point with the Support then? let's remove him! No classes need healing because they are too hard to kill!

Can't you go for the Support first?...or get some help to kill him?
    An assassin could easily go at the supports back and grapple him while you tear the assault down.

My opinion lol.