Assassin Should Have to Uncloak First

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Bungle, January 27, 2011.

1. Bungle

Bungle New Member

Sorry for the TF2 comparison, but spies have to uncloak before backstabbing, and TF2 spies are fairly slow. The assassin can sneak up on you and stab you in the back with zero risk to herself. I know it's a noob-friendly class, but they should at least have to press two buttons to insta-gib me. Backstabbing directly from invisible is way too easy - too many players abuse it. I spend most of my time fighting off assassin backstabs lately.
  2. BMSTed

BMSTed New Member

You should try playing with sound on bro.
  3. PKC

PKC New Member

if the assassin has issues, it sure isn't related to backstab.
  4. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

People need to get used to the humming sound and how predictable most assassins are......
  5. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

If you insist on comparing spies to assassins, then let's see...
    1: Spies don't make sound when invisible. Well, maybe little footsteps, I dunno. Nothing as serious as the blowhorn that comes with the assassin's cloak.

2: Spies can disguise.

3: Spies are COMPLETELY invisible rather than sorta invisible.

4: Spies can chainstab. Assassins are stuck in an animation while stabbing and then have to wait some more before they can do it again.

So yeah, assassins need their grapple-from-cloak
  6. MrRedDragon

MrRedDragon New Member

Experienced players learn to uncloak before going for the back-stab anyway, that way the target doesn't hear the humming of the cloak when the assassin closes in.
  7. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

You're absolutely right, a good assassin should uncloak before going for a backstab. Otherwise it's much too easy to hear them coming.
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Imo cloak is mainly for escaping...
  9. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I'm only afraid of Assassins who have learned to uncloak before they try a back-grapple. :p
  10. Jackal Queenston

Jackal Queenston New Member

This isn't TF2 ffs.

Being an Assassin player, the cloak is practically a dead-giveaway. It's only really useful at range-ish, and even at that, people can spot the shimmer.
  11. Providence

Providence New Member

Sigh. Why do people keep suggesting listen for the hum? That only works vs bad assassins which you'll roflstomp anyways. Good assassins don't cloak near their victim.
  12. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

This should be obvious: because these fora get flooded by noobs that complain about getting killed by noob assasins.
  13. PKC

PKC New Member

I'm quite happy with the assassin after the recent nerf. The assassin's OP'ness was never related to its capacity to kill players.
  14. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

the ONLY time i would ever had considered the assassin OP was when the speed glitch was around on the xbox but even then 90% of them sucked badly enough to miss the grapples, they have never been OP on pc, the fact you can hear them, see them (yes while cloaked if you can't please get your eyes check) and predict what 90% of them will do is proof they are not OP.

a lot of these PC players need to learn the game more.
  15. PKC

PKC New Member

of course the assassin was OP on the PC version, why do you think uber nerfed its damage versus turrets and changed how much juice it got via bot damage? it was a one-woman base-destroying juice-abusing army.
  16. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

that was from the experience on XBOX and they can apply the changes a lot quicker and easier on pc, watch 90% of the assassin players on pc, they ignore bots and turrets, they changed that because overall it needed to be fixed not just on pc.
  17. PKC

PKC New Member

you said the assassin wasn't OP on PC and now you're telling me she was OP on both system? make up your mind. how uber gathered that data is irrelevant, and i suspect it had absolutely nothing to do with the xbox, because it was the last or second last patch before release, and they had made many balance changes prior.

how 90% of bad assassins play is also not relevant. the patch was based on the 10% who knew what they were doing and made it quite obvious to anyone who understood the mechanics that the assassin was far too good.
  18. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

gonna nerf the gunners mortar on turrets then to when juiced and when not? the assassin can still destroy entire bases when going unnoticed which is quite often, the assassin is not OP and never has been, the PC people just complain that it is because it has a grapple, get over it its countered extremely easily. and the xbox version would of gotten all these updates to if they should get them out as quick as they do for PC i bet, i said assassins were only OP with the speed glitch and stand by that, i said they just changed it by what they had seen on the xbox because it is true the tank also got that same nerf.

im shocked by the pc community to be honest, i thought that people would learn faster and maybe be smarter but so far it is full of people complaining about stuff that doesn't need to be fixed.
  19. PKC

PKC New Member

yeah i agree, people hate admitting they got beaten fair and square and prefer to think its due to an imbalance. im pretty happy with the balance after the recent assassin and tank nerfs.
  20. tron

tron New Member

delete assassins entirely they don't fit the "shooter" game. same way the "spy" ruins a good balanced fair battle back and forth. not a bunch of one trick ponies, learn how to up all their skills and go around and abuse their power, invis, speed and 1 shot kills. same as spies hiding in corners and killing without working. assassins will be the end of this game, people will drop off, they will get very tired and bored of being harassed by spamfest kids with zero attempt at team work.

at least in other games, because it's hard not to compare, as it's obvious a lot of things were "borrowed". so at least the spy has to uncloak, doesn't have super speed, and dies like someone without armor. assassin is none of these, plus a uber powered spam attack and 1 shot grapple move in blinding speed or invisibility. it's seriously unfitting.

it's a good way to turn a chess game into checkers.

sure there are plenty of ways to stop an assassin. but if one chooses to harass you, it's another story.