Assassin grapple while frozen

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by djam, August 19, 2010.

1. djam

djam New Member

Assassins (or any other class, haven't seen it though) should not be able to grapple when caught in a Sniper's ice trap. Every time an Assassin gets caught in my trap, I go to grapple them and they somehow can do their OHKO front grapple on me and kill me.

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or what, but grapples are too powerful to be allowed while frozen. Shooting I can deal with.

If any devs can respond as to if this is a glitch or not, that'd be nice. Otherwise, I just thought I'd voice my opinion.
  2. Icy

Icy New Member

It's not a glitch I don't believe and is your own fault. You should learn after a couple times perhaps you shouldn't run up and try to melee, or if so then take their back like some one that is smart. Or if you want to be really smart you can just shoot them in the head with your rifle like your suppose to when you got some one in a trap, not go grab them. And that is your only chance against me cuz your weak *** Sniper cant handle my ninja stars either so like I giva damn about your traps :p
  3. djam

djam New Member

I don't even play Sniper anymore. I just figured I'd put this out there to see if anyone else had the same gripe about it that I did. No need to inflate your ego over my post.
  4. Karishadz

Karishadz New Member

Been able to One hit Grapple kill snipers while stuck in there ice traps. but for some reason they just always walk up to try to grapple me. Only to end up getting grappled. It does seem somewhat unfair since the assassin shouldn't be able to grapple while frozen. But the sniper should know better and just take the free head shot instead of trying to grapple kill.
  5. Icy

Icy New Member

I wasn't. Bad interpretation on your behalf.
  6. djam

djam New Member

I'm sorry, but that seems like you're wanking your own ego. Might wanna think about word choice next time.

So as to not derail the topic, can the other classes grapple while frozen?
  7. Icy

Icy New Member

LOL again bad interpretation on your behalf. :p

That wasn't me trying to be egotistical, but just saying plain fact.
  8. djam

djam New Member

I'm not even gonna bother with you.

Can someone else give their input please?
  9. Icy

Icy New Member

Then you shouldn't of fuckin said some thing huh? Your bad...
  10. Karishadz

Karishadz New Member

Just did, but you two started to bicker with each other D:
  11. Icy

Icy New Member

nah im just giving him a tough time. I'll stop lol sorry.
  12. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

I'd say it's perfectly fine, just not in the asinine way the other guy put it. btw, easy OHK headshot always beats shurikens in range.... unless the sniper is absolutely terrible at aiming.
  13. Icy

Icy New Member

OHK headshot?

And no.... Sniper shots wont always beat Shurikens I guarantee that.
  14. Karishadz

Karishadz New Member

Well placed sniper shot can bring down even a Tank in a few shots. Assassins don't tend to last after getting a good one in the head.
  15. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

Do headshots not kill in one hit to an assassin? I don't play sniper very much, but it certainly seems like it. And I said BAD snipers won't kill you while stuck there.
  16. Ichiryuu

Ichiryuu New Member

Headshots OHKO almost anyone, and honestly if your a sniper and you run in to grapple an assassin you deserve to die shoot them in the head with your rifle or mow them down your your uzi.
  17. DCtheEE

DCtheEE New Member

This is what ice traps were made for...
  18. Ichiryuu

Ichiryuu New Member

Indeed, I was pointing out the stupidity of the sniper for freeze trapping an assassin and then getting in range of a grapple instead of shooting him from range.
  19. DCtheEE

DCtheEE New Member

Ha ha, I usually switch to Shurikens at that point so I at least have a chance of knocking out that sniper.
  20. FiercelyFuzzy

FiercelyFuzzy New Member

Why shouldn't they be allowed to ATTACK? Read the "how to play" It says "Traps will slow enemies keeping areas controlled and protect Snipers" It doesn't say preventing them from attacking, which is what a grapple is.