Assassin Endorsements

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by BlueZebra, August 12, 2010.

1. BlueZebra

BlueZebra New Member

Even though the default ones are fine, I'd like to see what other options the assassin has.
  2. loveassassin13

loveassassin13 New Member

I do Gold armor, Silver speed, and bronze attack speed
  3. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

Mine are

gold: speed

silver: skill recov.

bronze: fire rate
  4. BlueZebra

BlueZebra New Member

Armor eh? I'll try it. If I prefer the speed I'll move armor to silver and keep the rate of fire.
  5. loveassassin13

You still have pretty good speed, I just prefer not to die whenever possible. It allows me to counter grapple and get a kill.
  6. BlueZebra

BlueZebra New Member

Would you be able to counter the grapple with Silver armor?
  7. loveassassin13

Not sure, haven't tried, but after being grappled from the front I tend to only have a small amount of health left, I would just try it out.
  8. Portal8229

Portal8229 New Member

WTF you can counter grapple PLEASE how do you do that?
  9. BlueZebra

BlueZebra New Member

I agree but I feel a glass cannon is a glass cannon. The speed suites her for chases, and the silver health is fine enough for me. I feel like if you're in a situation where you're that low health, gold, silver, bronze, platinum, you're either going to escape or die.

By the way, you don't survive assassin backstabs but I survived frontstabs.

If you don't fly off far or anything, you could right away grapple them back. Takes good timing.
  10. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

You cant counter grapple, but allies can save you before they punch/stab you and finish you off.

You can also charge them right after a face grapple which is effective for assault/tank.
  11. loveassassin13

If you have enough armor, you can survive some grapples and grapple the person who grappled you right when they are done, alas, Counter Grappling
  12. FOLAX

FOLAX New Member

Gold: rate of fire
    Silver: Speed
    Bronze: armor

rate of fire makes the sword swings like 3x faster
  13. BlueZebra

BlueZebra New Member

That may be true but the assassin needs the speed to get to the targets, or at least a lot of health to make the trip and back. Honestly I really think speed/armor should be gold.
  14. inc0mplete

inc0mplete New Member

Silver Armor protects you from assassin front grab only. I love it when the grapple me then i grapple them right back lol. But unless it's Gold, Silver is a waste in my opinion.
  15. tehwalrus

tehwalrus New Member

I've been playing as the default assassin to start, and then once I've upgraded to level 3 sprint i use a speed-less build - gold rate of fire, silver juice, and bronze skill recovery

That way you max your damage output without wasting the great gold spot on speed when you have a speed skill

Though I never tested, does the rate of fire endorsement make your sword attack faster for sure?
  16. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

I agree, i keep Armor in my gold and Regen in my silver (probably going to change this though). You job is really to get in and get out. If you are staying in a fight long enough for attack speed to matter, you are probably already dead. I have lost count of the number of times I have gotten out with just a sliver of health, thanks to my extra armor. Also, gold armor helps you survive face stabs, assault grapple, sniper grapple, and sometimes tank/gunner AoE. Survivability > Slightly more killing power. After all, you are useless when you are dead.
  17. imrlybord7

imrlybord7 New Member

Does Critical Shot help at all with the Assassin? I don't really know what qualifies as a critical, but I would love for my grapples to do just a touch more damage.

EDIT: Also, how about accuracy? I'm assuming that grapples and melee attacks are just straight up hit or miss, but does anyone know if it increases their chances of working? Also, is there anything that reduces the cooldown for grapple?
  18. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

Gold = Armor. Period.

As others have said having Armor as your Gold Endorsement lets you survive all kinds of things. Heck, even other Assassins can't grapple me to death that often with the Armor boost. The point of the Assassin is to get a kill and live to tell about it so being able to take damage while you retreat/flank is mandatory.

For me, Silver is all about being able to relocate quickly or keep my cloak active. As a result I actually prefer Skill Recovery over Speed. The Speed I lose from the Silver Speed Endorsement is offset by having Dash recover more quickly. The bonus is that my Cloak recharges faster as well and we all know how difficult it is to hit what you can't really see.

As for Bronze, well, I actually don't know which one to pick. Currently I am using Rate of Fire to help me clear out Turrets/Bots at range but Juice Effect could be really good here too. As others have tated Critical Shot may also be huge even if the added damage is random. You could even use Health Recovery if you wanted. It looks like Bronze is going to take some testing to figure out what effect each Endorsement category actually does.
  19. Ronin Tetsuro

Ronin Tetsuro New Member

Counter-grapple works. It's one of the very few effective ways to play against an ***. I've put plenty in the ground after they think a face stab will stop me. :D
  20. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

Health Gold
    Skill Recovery Silver
    Health Regen Bronze, although I'm not sure how useful this is exactly/what the rate at which health regenerates is.