Assassin does not need a buff

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by An Artic Fox, November 28, 2010.

1. An Artic Fox

An Artic Fox New Member

I dont play Assassin much. in fact its my worst class.. even more proof she needs a NERF rather than a buff! Today I went 24-9-1 as an assassin agains a team of 4 99s a 87 and a 94. This is without juicing alot people. I juiced twice in the game. I said from the start when I got this game Assassins was going to be a mistake. I was right. Also I've noticed the only ones who complain about Assassins being under powerd....are people who play Assassin. I bet 90% just want to be more overpowering. I bet if they were Assault plasyers they would say the Assault was over powerd! I have heard what unnessisary buffs the assassin might get. and if she does. I will quit this game. I'm not gonna play this game when everyone will spam Assassin cause she the OP class. With that said the classes I play NEEDS nerfs. Sniper/Assault. Support needs some changes and Tank....is..well the tank. now with all this said I will end it on this. I am sick of Assassins. I am sick of cloak and dagger classes. they ruin a game experence for me.
  2. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

3. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

Assassins have so little armor and raw firepower it's laughable. You play Support a lot, get that shotgun out. Assaults have their rifle, charge, and flight. Snipers have traps, flak, the SMG, and Scramblers which suck that cloak right out of Assassins. Gunners and Tanks just laugh at assassins.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

id say the assassin is just annoying you because of the cloak. dont let it get to you. they do the least damage per unit. they take the least damage before dying.

assassins cant be spammed. any more than 2 on a team is a liability if the enemy even has 1 tank. if 3 assassins are on the enemy team, your team should have 4-5 tanks and 1-2 supports.

most classes have weaknesses. try being on the end of a good matchup, not a bad one. dont use snipers against assassins, dont use supports-only as assassins (as it works when your back is against the wall the entire time, but assassins generally should even be able to kill supports from a range with lunge or shurikens)

this being said, the assassin is balanced, not OP or UP. people feel the same with Sagat on SF. people cry that he outreaches shotos, fires projectiles better than shotos, jumps in better... dont use a shoto and your problem is solved. he is better against Rose than a shoto, but better yet, choose a projectile-good lunge character. vega, balrog, bison... oh god blanka...
  6. Magikarp

Magikarp New Member

K, either a) you are really good at the game (and if you are wow share with us your secrets) if you do that well with your worst class, b) assassin is not your worst class, or c) those 99s suck

As deadstretch pointed out, assassin isn't getting buffed
  7. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

anyone can do well with their worst class if they pick and choose what lobbies they play in
  8. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

you know propaganda is including only half of the truth? i decided id include the other half. buff + nerf = neutral ground?
  9. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i was just responding to the fact that he said that there were no buffs.
    (and calling out arctic fox)
  10. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

Attached Files:

11. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

Haha, it looks like your tank is crying at the changes.
    Last edited: November 29, 2010
  12. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

half of the changes are nerfs, mainly the friendly hum, now you don't have to spycheck everytime a cloaked assassin is near you, now you will KNOW it's an enemy
  13. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

This.

We will have to wait and see the following things to determine where the Assassin will rank post DLC:

Will the support and sniper juice gain nerfs make her the new (consistent) queen of quick juicing? [I know the tank's deploy will still have the fastest juice gain but that is far more situational than the assassin's methods of gaining juice]

Will the damage buff to the assassin after a lunge allow her a fighting chance against pros she cannot back grapple to compensate for the fact that she will almost never get back grapples on any pros with a half decent sound system/headphones?

Will the grapple recovery time be significant enough to let her fight multiple enemies without juice in a relatively short time frame?

I think cloak 3 should eliminate her hum completely while she is standing still.
  14. ElfControl

ElfControl New Member

That's a good point, but really all this thread to me sounds like this : "complaint ,complaint, complaint, i suck as the assassin, complaint". I don't claim to be a pro as an assassin, but i have just as much right to say i hate it when a tank , or an assaults charge gets me, but i don't complain. If i were to agree with you for one sec i would say that the support is the only one that's slightly OP, the sniper is really just annoying
  15. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

In the nicest way possible: I'm not entirely sure why you quoted me there.
  16. ElfControl

ElfControl New Member

idk man
  17. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

If you quote him it means he is your friend. :)
  18. MojoTeq

MojoTeq New Member

Yeah, I can always tell when someone has a decent sound system or headphones on the rare occasions I now play Assassin, because they start turning around when I am barely within earshot. That right there is a HUGE obstacle to try to overcome.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't fox the guy that bitched about juicers, and then proceeded to juice like it was going out of style for the next month? :lol:
  19. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

fox is a hypocrite, plain and simple.
    im surprised more people didnt mention the fact that he posted a thread about how he doesnt like being 99 because everyone runs from his lobbies, but he ran from a group of 4 99s, ditching his group entirely.
  20. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

bahahaha

I'm actually buying some turtle beaches my next paycheck, a lot of my deaths are to assassins back grappling me sadly, and i can't hear the cloak out of the tv.