Are there any screenshot of the game?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by xnavigator, February 16, 2013.

1. xnavigator

xnavigator Member

Weeks have passed since we pledged PA on Kickstart and yet almost nothing (at least for what I can find) has been published.

All I can see are some Uber live streams talking for 30 min on other games and 5 min on PA.

1 or 2 screenshot/month of everything related to PA (units, terrain, builds, weapons, interface ...) would be greatly appreciated I think.
  2. voligne

voligne New Member

Now, before I get mad.

How long do you expect a game to take to be built from the ground up exactly?
  3. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Uh, the Desert Biome stuff is actually Max Renders, the closest we have so far is the planet generation prototype from an earlier LiveStream.

Mike
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Ha! That's funny.
  6. kmike13

kmike13 Member

Is this a joke? I'm just going to say it is....
  7. voligne

voligne New Member

8. dosbag

dosbag Member

There wont be a game, the devs took all the money and bought some nice cars.
  9. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

You serious?
    SMNC fans have to deal with brief mentions of their game now after hour long PA development streams every week AT BEST.
    And games take time to build, yo. Especially complex procedurally generated multi-planet super-huge-scale RTS games. It's in pre-pre-pre-pre-alpha
  10. psychopigeon

psychopigeon New Member

11. crysese

crysese New Member

Weeks have passed.
  12. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I'll bite, since what?

Mike
  13. crysese

crysese New Member

Apparently the kickstarter. I had to quote the first sentence in the op to make sure it was real.
  14. xnavigator

xnavigator Member

Yes I mean, for me the dev can take all the time they need to develop this game (I know it can be very hard, just look at how much time blizzard needed for sc2)

I was just asking for more media of PA, like some units or stuff like that... If you look at Kickstarter page there are only the pre-pledged screenshots.

I think many pledgers like me would greatly appreciate more screens of game (even the pre-pre-alpha units :) )
  15. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

When you're developing a game you have a LOT of assets that you don't want to publicly release because they're nowhere near ready and would create false expectations, like if a unit was shown now as one thing but had a totally different appearance, role and everything by release.
  16. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

They have quite a lot of info out of the game already. Try out http://planetaryannihilation.com/ for some goodies. Also their Twitch and Youtube Channel.