APPRECIATED IF SOMEONE HELPED ME . . . :D

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by reevaluatoralphax229, August 5, 2013.

1. reevaluatoralphax229

reevaluatoralphax229 New Member

Well, simply, my predicament is caused by a very stubborn Steam . . . :(

I essentially failed to recognize that once I have converted my Alpha Game Key into a Steam Key, I cannot download the launcher from the Uber Store, or even activate my original Game Key, which is the core of the issue.

I have paid in full the $70 required for the Galactic Edition.

I have my original Game Key, even though I can't activate it ( :cry: ), the newly converted Steam Key, and my Order ID.

I am simply asking for someone to explain to me how I may retrieve and activate my original Game Key and then use it to download the launcher.

THANK YOU ALL!!!! :D
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Have you linked your Steam accout to your Ubernet one? That's the first step in getting PA working with Steam.

There'll be a few threads around here where other people have had similar troubles.
  3. thapear

thapear Member

Read this thread. I imagine it was too far down for you to spot, as it's hard to read the first page of threads.
  4. reevaluatoralphax229

I have since then linked my Uber and Steam accounts together successfully. :geek:

Unfortunately, the Steam Launcher still doesn't work. :cry:

Let me be clear: Basically, when I hit the "PLAY" button, the PA (Launcher, I believe) window pops up and my computer simply then states a standard "pa.exe has stopped working" error. :evil:

Also, I still haven't found solutions to how to activate the original Game Key once it has been converted to a Steam Key.b :?:

THANKS! :D
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Once you convert to Steam, you can't "activate" the original key, as your ownership is now determined by Steam, not us. However, as long as you're linked, that doesn't matter.

PA stopping working is, 9 times out of 10, old drivers. Make sure your video drivers are the latest ones available. If in doubt, post here and attach your dxdiag.txt file to the post, and we can scan and give you some ideas.
  6. reevaluatoralphax229

At this point I really doubt I can download the launcher and having a legitimate code, but here's my DxDiag File:

(Also Attached)

*mod edited - please don't copy / paste contents of large files - just attach*

THANKS!

Attached Files:

7. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Holy bollocks, we can download the DxDiag, you don't need to post a wall of text :p

It appears you're using an Intel Integrated Graphics chip... Which are pretty terrible to be blunt. That *may* be the cause of the issue, but I'm not all that great at troubleshooting hardware problems.
  8. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

9. reevaluatoralphax229

Sorry about the wall of text. I was overreacting . . . :D

I'm a computer liking kind of guy, but all the same, I have never really bothered to research a few topics . . . :ugeek:

IE, whether drivers are able to be updated, or are simply stuck the way they were initially produced. :?:

Also, even though my video card appears to be horrible, will it still be able to run PA? According to my own research, I seem to have one of the latest versions of DirectX (V.11), which also appears to support Shader 5.0, clearly passing the minimum posted in the website. :?

So the main (If not only) problem is my graphics card and/or drivers? :?

If so, any suggestions??? :D
  10. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Open this link (you need Java installed):
    http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu
    And it's should give you update for your driver.

Run - yes. I don't think it will be really playable.

Unfortunately that all mean nothing when you have Intel integrated GPU. Actually your integrated videocard have performance like discrete videocard from 2005.

Yeah, it's suitable for documents work and some extremely optimized games, but it's 10-20 times slower than current-gen discrete cards.

Both. If you update drivers game should start at least, but it's will have poor performance anyway.