Anyone from the Total Annihilation Community?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by kdm, November 2, 2012.

1. kdm

kdm New Member

I've been out for 10-12 years, but curious if there's anyone from way back then...
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Yeah, Neutrino is. ;P
  3. lynx88

lynx88 New Member

Yup, from the Cavedog community, to the TA:Universe community, then to the TA:Spring community, and finally arrived here.
  4. Veleiro

Veleiro Member

I was from the Mplayer total annihilation community
  5. kronodawg

kronodawg New Member

Yeppers.. played on:

Ten
    Heat
    Mplayer
    Zone
    Boneyards

Was apart of a few clans back then.. Mo_, HTK, and ACE i believe lol.
  6. nateious

nateious Active Member

I've been (mostly) lurking at TAUniverse for years and playing TA on and off pretty much since I got it sometime in 98. I never really did any online multiplayer, mostly LAN games with a group of friends. It still remains my favorite RTS of all time.
  7. ticklemeelmo

ticklemeelmo Member

I played on gamespy TA username was NF-Elemental, but most TA was done at LAN parties, LOL that was back in 99 I was still on dialup. Also I played Spring: Balanced Annihilation, and still play TA: Escalation.
  8. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

Been playing since 1999. I missed out on Boneyards, but I did play on Gamespy and Phoenix Worx frequently enough. (I did some of the other services, but not frequently enough that I can remember them well. Played TA: Vanilla, Uberhack, Absolute Annihilation, and Twilight.
  9. andrewnez

andrewnez New Member

Not so much an online player back then, but we had huge LAN party weekends back in the day. TA was always the RTS of choice. I don't even want to consider the amount of hours we logged playing TA.

We still play it when we get face to face for a bit of LAN gaming.
  10. doctorzuber

doctorzuber New Member

I played on Boneyards, in the Galactic War. I was a bit of a casual player, but a loyal soldier of the Core all the same with some modest rank there.

I really miss the Galactic War. There hasn't really been anything quite like it since.
  11. grimmstaman

grimmstaman New Member

I played TA back when it was new, but i never got a hold of any of the expansions or what-have-yous. Mostly played it with my brothers on LAN... as we had 3 computers capable of running it at the time. I may be a young one compared to the rest of this community though, as i was like 10-ish? when I first got my hands on it, which didn't allow for the most skillful play back then, let me tell ya!
  12. SleepWarz

SleepWarz Active Member

Me.
    Did some maps, still play a bit of TA today.
  13. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Ha!

Been playing TA since the age of 5! Bought in '97.

I didn't realise there was a Tech 2 until at least 2000 (never thought to scroll across one more with a construction unit - if the Commander can't build it, why could these smaller, slower, lesser units build it?)
  14. gnatinator

gnatinator New Member

Forged Alliance Forever community member reporting in.

RTS connoisseur and long time player of the 3 best RTS games ever made: Forged Alliance, Total Annihilation, and Brood War.

I am hoping for Planetary Annihilation to re-ignite the LAN party RTS scene as the first proper LAN game since forever!
  15. thebigdog00

thebigdog00 New Member

Played lots of TA back in the 90s. All lan party. Really excited about this game. So is my 9yr old son.
  16. nerdsf1st

nerdsf1st New Member

Yo,
    made a lot of maps and been playing since 98.
    I'm still here and even play a game of TA once in a while. :cool:
  17. molloy

molloy Member

BLITZ_Molloy since the Mplayer days. TAUniverse newsposter. Strategy forum mod (although NerdsF1st generally kicked my *** online).

Also did a TA comic called Annihilarity and ran The Ubercrack Shack.
  18. tomcatha

tomcatha New Member

hello :)

hi

I was very active in the forum part of the community. I still post on the tauniverse forums, but also used to be active on the planet annihilation and the tadesigners/estrella forums. Always had the ambition to mod in my early years but other than making a cube in rhino 2 or 3 i never did anything.
  19. yxalitis

yxalitis New Member

My daughter, now 18, was the subject of my famous (?) post, "My 4-year-old plays Total Annihilation"
    So, yeah, old school TA player here...I especially remember the mod that gave the amphibious property to Krogoth, and watched him walk up out of the water to wreak his special kind of havoc!! Lols all around.
  20. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

Sadly no, I'm more from StarCraft, TA wasn't really known in Italy where I lived (barely anybody knows about it in Romania).