Any Server Rentals Available?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Boozel, December 25, 2010.

1. Boozel

Boozel New Member

I've been perusing the web for a server host for the past 10 or so minutes, but I guess I don't have the google skills I thought I did. Anybody know of any hosting services I can rent a server from?

<3
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I don't think that'll be possible until they release a linux dedicated server (that doesn't require steam)
  3. dustoff

dustoff New Member

It does not depend on linux dedicated files , just the ability to not depend on a steam login .

Once this happens you will see rentals become available
  4. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

I hope they are available soon. My 7/.5 connection would never cut it.
  5. podwhacker

podwhacker New Member

6. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Been in hardware testing this last month and working on the upfront stuff (like a really cool website) but I am taking pre-orders for the server while the resources on the servers hold. Look for the monday night combat button on the left. I got just a basic info only site up now as I work on the back bone

You can try out my two pub servers to get a feel for how well the servers perform.

http://www.rustyshouseofpain.us
  7. Ramoni3D

Ramoni3D New Member

We'll have server rentals available upon launch at i3D.net :) I'm putting up the first few test servers as we speak :)
  8. Ramoni3D

Ramoni3D New Member

Quick update: got a server up and running no problem. But with the current state of the server files (most importantly the steam dependency and lack of port binding and/or multihome) there's no way we'll be able to offer this as a regular gameserver.

I'll keep the testserver online for a while :)
  9. dustoff

dustoff New Member

As soon as the dedicated server files dont depend on steam I will be providing server also. Ive already gotten about 8 pre-orders and I am bringing up another box to meet demand. Main locations will be Chicago and Dallas .

I am taking pre-orders for the server with no up front cost .

http://www.rustyshouseofpain.us/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&pid=1
  10. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Since I can't host from home due to unknown reasons and game crashes, i'll be first in line to hire a server once they have the ability to do so :D