Any former Lord of the Rings Conquest Online Players Here?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by utopia6, December 20, 2010.

1. utopia6

utopia6 New Member

I used to play Lord of the Rings Conquest online multiplayer for hours. Than EA closed the servers. MNC has filled that void for me, but was wondering if anyone else out there sees how similar MNC and LORC multiplayer online is.
  2. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

I never played it as its not my kind of game, but how come they shut the servers down?
  3. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Why post this in two subforums?
  4. Ian

Ian New Member

5. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

6. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

7. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

No. The scout class was OP and warrior(or fighter or what ever) was so worthless one had to wonder why they bothered having more than one class in it at all. I noticed that in the demo and I was like "well #&$% that &%$@."

8. Ian

Ian New Member

[​IMG]
  9. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

10. utopia6

utopia6 New Member

I posted it in the wrong forum originally thats why I reposted it where I wanted it a second time. Im new to the site, and didn't know if I could delete it. If the topic didn't pertain to you, some of you could have just ignored it instead of trying to be a d*ck and throwing in a bunch of SPAM. I was looking for some of the people I used to game with, but it appears I won't be finding them on these forums because they had way more class. Thx to the couple people who made a sincere comment :) . The servers were shut down for a lack of play and bogus buget reasons according to EA, but a virtual petition to keep them up, and signed by over 2000 people said otherwise. It was a fun online game for what it was worth. The rest of you can go f*ck yourself and don't worry, I won't take up your precious forums with any more post. :x
  11. xknight2099

xknight2099 Member

I used to play lotr conquest.

It was a fun game. Warrior was like the tank in this game in that he took great skill to be good with.

The game did have some similar mechanics in how the skills were done and the classes.

Overall though they were pretty different.
  12. utopia6

utopia6 New Member

The Sin and Scout were very similar in my view. You could be invisible with both, and the main way to kill was through stab/grapple. The Mage and Assault are similar in that both can generate easy kill counts. Sniper and Archer were similar as both were 1 hit hills, fast on their feet. The warrior and tank both require a lot of skill to play. In Conquest, if your team had a variety of classes, you could work together. Although, if you had say all scouts, it could be difficult to win just like if you had all of one particular class in MNC. Anyway, thx for contributing comments. We had a really strong community that EA obliterated selfishly. First impression of this community is on the fence. Seems like there are some good people here, but also some real jerks.
  13. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

Why post it in the wrong sub-forum?
  14. Ian

Ian New Member

Sweet, thanks bro! Much appreciated!

Evidently having class leads to servers getting shut down. With people like JackTrips around, we'll likely never get shut down. :idea:

Your class disgusts me.
  15. xknight2099

xknight2099 Member

I think it best not to take anything posted on an Internet forum seriously, especially gaming related forums.
  16. Manouso

Manouso New Member

Conquest was THE best online game I've ever played.
    (Even though mostly every room turned into a mage spamming contest)
    Capture the Ring on the Shire was almost guaranteed to be a great game no matter the teams.

Utopia hit all the similarities on the head.
    I think the mage was more of a hybrid between the assault and support though.

It's a shame about the servers.
  17. xknight2099

xknight2099 Member

I used to love playing a support Mage.

Shielding teammates, healing, shooting out lightening, staff slamming scouts.

Maybe star wars battlefront 3 will be as good since I don't think we are getting another conquest game. :cry: I don't think it sold as well as they wanted.