Anti Nukes Don't Work

Discussion in 'Support!' started by uberpenu, February 28, 2014.

1. uberpenu

uberpenu Member

This has seriously happened like 3 times now, lose a game cuz of a nuke, NBD. BUT what gets me is I HAD A MO FO ANTI NUKE. SERIOUSLY. See nuke comming, not really sweating cuz i have a anti nuke right? just finished not to long ago and its on auto build so, we gucci right? nope. 1 god damn nuke comes in, boom, lose. What, in the holy mother of god, is this bull**** IT LANDED BASICALLY ON MY ANTI NUKE WHICH WAS DONE AND BUILDING A SECOND MISSILE. Please fix this s*** jesus.
    Last edited: February 28, 2014
  2. keterei

keterei Active Member

Are you sure that your opponent hadn't sent any nukes before you noticed? This has happened to me before, but I realized that the anti-nukes were working fine, they had just been depleted because my opponent sent more than one nuke at once. Sometimes nukes will stack and look like only one too.
    Last edited: February 28, 2014
  3. uberpenu

uberpenu Member

Well first i thought it landed barely outside the range, looking back you could see the little anti nuke icon shoot off and go to hit the nuke...butttt nahh BOOM. And now I've noticed this happen about 2 other times, 1 being just recently, saw the icon, BOOM. And it was like inches away from my anti...
  4. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Radar helps.
  5. paulusss

paulusss Active Member

Well that happens bro, it's still gamma and the game is not finished so relaxxxxxx ^^
  6. lynxnz

lynxnz Member

i've had exact same issue - wish i took a screenshot of the replay. nuke hit right next to anti-nuke which had 3 missiles sitting ready to launch. boom, game over. :(
    uberpenu likes this.
  7. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I wonder why it didn't work....

[​IMG]
    uberpenu and laynejj like this.
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Except PA *isn't* made in Britain unless I've got my geography seriously wrong.....?
  9. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

the return of the anti-nuke failure bug...
  10. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Umm, how many nukes did he shoot at you? The missiles sometimes like to stay so close during flight that you can't tell unless you go back and look at the launch.

I normally launch in groups of 4 or more to get past anti nukes.
  11. karolus10

karolus10 Member

I believe that game would be much better without anti-nuke missiles and having umbrella to work as anti-missile defense (settings: SPACE/MISSILES) both nukes and catapults... not sure about catapults as they could be used to starve enemy energy production before using nukes (or just to stall enemy production).

I see umbrella working on similar technology as commander uber canon - powerful but draining vast amounts of energy (a lot even for a late game) to recharge after every shot. this would made instrumental to keep your energy production and storage large enough to provide power to your defenses otherwise you will die (attacking power plants first would be also key target for successful nuclear strike).