Anti-assault class and gunner changes

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by wazupwiop, March 25, 2011.

1. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

I don't think you guys are getting it. You can do a *good* job of pushing bots, and still have the best pro control. How are you supposed to use dat bot multiplier from inside your spawn?
  2. Black Jack Davy

Black Jack Davy New Member

Wazupwiop, are you playing against elite players? Because I play either gunner or assault in pub matches (i.e. non-elite players), and if I see multiple assaults on the other team before the game starts I will choose (gold armor) gunner.

Yes, rarely there are some extremely skilled assaults that present a real challenge but if I see even one of those on the other team in a multi-hour play session, I'm surprised.

It seems to me that most of the people who complain about assaults are people who get angry when they're beating an assault in a firefight and he charges away to safety...when he "should" be dead. But I don't think that's ever going to go away, even if Uber nerfs assault charge cooldown time like they did on the pc side.
  3. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

lol f5in's getting mad over the internet. Oh well. No point in trying to have a logical debate with somebody who is emotionally involved. What an instant loss of respect.
  4. F5in

F5in New Member

You're not very good at trolling, sorry. :(
  5. Undercover_Thudercat

sigh. Well, we know that 3 snipers can't push bots on an assassin, right guys?
  6. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

This is true.
  7. Undercover_Thudercat

If I was playing all 6 assassins at the same time, we'd win. Who is going to stop the 6 assaults? The assassins are. They don't have to kill anybody. The amount of time it takes an assault to kill a good assassin ain't quick. If 2 assassins are pushing bots, one in each lane, and you have 4 assassins just THREATENING grapples, bots, at the very least, are going to be right at the rockits (which won't exist) all game.

But let's say it does go to overtime. Assassins build lots of turrets. Assaults have no turrets. I know assaults can kill a moneyball much faster, but they ALL are going to have to find spots that are turret safe.

Either way, I never claimed that 6 assassins could beat 6 assaults. Re-read my posts. He's the one trolling me. I'm only claiming that if a team had 6 assaults on it, all the other team needs is 1 assassin and they should win with ease. 6 assaults is not competitively fightable. Otherwise, why doesn't every competitive team have 5 assaults and 1 assassin?
  8. killien

killien Active Member

From what I've seen there's only a handful of ways an Assault can get the upper hand on an Assassin
    1. Bomb + ringout
    2. Catch them grappling someone else
    3. lvl2 charge assuming no armor endorsements
    4. lvl3 charge vs Silver/Bronze armor or Ringout from grapple
    5. Catch them with lunge/smoekbomb on cooldown
    6. The Assassin is a complete derp with the class

There has been a rediculous number of times where I started shooting at a Sin only for them to smokebomb away, cloak mid-air then start spazzing their movement to randomize their drop location
    Either that or they lunge away and can pretty much clear the damage falloff in one swipe

Oh yea, I've had a few Snipers tell me the Assault needs more nerfs. These are the same kind of Snipers that never leave the safety of the spawn doors or only venture away when they have Juice ready

[Edit] Oh hey, THIS! IS! SPARTAPOST! :p

[Edit2] Oh yea, I keep forgetting that this thread is in the 360 section. Maybe I should have gone to bed 6 hours ago
  9. Undercover_Thudercat

LOL. Snipers who think Assaults need to be nerfed are like Assassins who think Tanks need to be nerfed. Part of the game balance. Deal with it. I have.
  10. killien

killien Active Member

Don't get me wrong, I hold a bit of respect for the rare Snipers that have the testicular fortitude to fight on the front lines but if a Sniper gripes at me for bringing the fight to him instead of standing still at the far side of the map, he can shove it.

On the PC version, that SMG can be downright nasty with the right endorsements. It does the same upper damage as the Assault's AR, has no falloff and better accuracy
    Hm, I'm now tempted to build a Sniper with Gold armor, Silver RoF and Bronze Mag and try to use the SMG as much as possible
  11. F5in

F5in New Member

You mean that match where you kept rushing at out bots and dying? definitely showed me how good you are at the game. Oh wait.

ok, well I've already said Assassins are great at pushing bots and you keep posting so you've obviously got some beef.

Also, who ever said that the Assaults even had to go after the Assassins? If they wanted to draw it out, they could just fly on top of something while killing bots.

Do you realize you're in the minority when you think Assaults DON'T need a nerf, right?

EDIT: Oh, I think that's the match I left last night. I didn't leave because of you, sweet pie, I left because Hawkshade bombed me off the edge about 4 times in a row, WHILE HE WAS HIGH. HE WAS HIGH AND HE COULD STILL GET KILLS AS EFFORTLESSLY AS THAT. herpaderpassault
    Last edited: April 7, 2011
  12. killien

killien Active Member

Gotta remember his comment is based off of what I said based on the PC side of the game where Assault has already gotten a bit of nerfing
  13. F5in

F5in New Member

He thinks that way for the Xbox version, too.

^before you posted.
  14. killien

killien Active Member

I call forth the ancient writ of... Waffles
  15. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

:lol: RAGE QUIT
  16. F5in

F5in New Member

Indeed.
  17. Undercover_Thudercat

I didn't realize you left...but my team did win that game. Must have been because Hawkshade was an assault.

Try not calling me an idiot. I don't have beef, but I'm not gonna be like "herp derp youre right im wrong" and I'm certainly less likely to be sweet and cuddly when you insult my intelligence over my opinion of a video game.

This game has balances. Assault > Sniper > Gunner > Assault

Tank > Assassin > Tank's Bot Pushing ability

Assassin and Assault > Support

Because Assault can't do balls about bots compared to most classes and can't do all that much to turrets either, he is definitely overpowered in 1v1 Pro v Pro combat. But against a balanced team, 6 assaults won't win because, while they can cover slaying well, they can't cover the other jobs nearly as effectively.

6 assaults vs. 3 gunners, 1 support, 1 tank, and 1 assassin? You really think 6 "overpowered" assaults could win that?
  18. F5in

F5in New Member

Assault > Sniper > Gunner > Tank < Assault

There's a reason almost everyone agrees that the Assault is overpowered.

Also, the reason 1 of each class on a team is the best is due to versatility. Overhealed Gunner > Overhealed Assault
  19. Undercover_Thudercat

I disagree with gunner > tank. Rail gun pwns gunner long range. Jet gun pwns gunner short range. Gunner's got mid range, but most of the time a clawing rail gun tank is gonna take a clawing accuracy gunner.
  20. xRustySpoon

xRustySpoon New Member

lolno.

The only way this will happen is if the gunner isn't spun up, which, against good gunners, isn't likely.