Anti-assault class and gunner changes

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by wazupwiop, March 25, 2011.

1. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I think that the assault needs nerfing. Gunners get shredded way to easily by assaults. Supports cannot get close enough to do any damage, and if they do, the assault charges away. Tanks are terrible at mid-range. Snipers cannot shoot him because of his size and speed. Assassins cannot do much because most assaults don't quit jumping. The only real counter is to play a better assault than the other person.

Nerfing the assault directly is not the way to go in my opinion. People playing assault can have a hard time dealing with firebases, turrets, some snipers, etc. I think the proper course of action is to tweak or create another class.

My solutions to the over powered problem would be to make the assault easier to target by other classes or make a new anti-assault class. I haven't put a lot of thought into what the class would be specifically, but it should take down assaults easily at mid and long range, but lose at short range. I was thinking that this class already exists, the gunner. The only problem with the gunner is that the charge, bomb, AR combination rips through his big, slow body. So I think the gunner should have more damage resistance to the AR, but have the same damage resistance to other weapons. This would solve the assault overpoweredness.

The gunner, due to his assault killing abilities, should also be nerfed. Many people who play gunner now are able to claw. They jump constantly, you cannot hit them, etc. Play ChaosFF7 to see what I mean. To fix this problem, there should be a jump-jet limiter. Jumping without using the jetpack would not be limited, but using the jetpack would. I think there should be enough "juice" in the pack to last 3 long jet jumps. This would give gunners a chance to claw and jump to shoot their enemy, but once the jumps ran out, they would be an easier target. The jumps would also regen quickly. About 10 seconds for 3 jumps, and the jump juice would only regen while you are on the ground. The jump juice would refill even more quickly while standing still (about 5 seconds). This would still give the gunner jumping abilities, but would encourage more skillful playing. Getting owned by a clawing gunner ruins the game. Over-jumping shouldn't be a substitute for skill.
  2. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Agree with the Assault. I think if his AR has the same/ less range than the gunner's minigun then the Assault would actually have a decent counter (which isn't another assault). He also shouldn't be able to regen a bomb while one is already out. Makes it too easy to stop enemies pressing/ getting the Annihilator

I don't agree with nerfing the gunner though. If you want to nerf his jumping abilities then you should also nerf the tank's jumping abilities. Then the assault would be even more mobile than his two main counters imo. Gunners and Tank's should be rewarded for clawing, and it's not as if they are invincible either if they are clawing, either get really close range if your class can kill him their, run backwards and shoot at long range or run away and ambush him later. Pretty much every class can kill the Gunner easily, don't make it easier to kill them, just because a good gunner killed you and you think it's "unfair" that he can jump and shoot.
  3. killien

killien Active Member

If the stats for PC are the same for 360, the minigun has worse falloff at the start of spinup, but once spunup has the same falloff as a zoomed AR

The same dicsussion has popped up on the Steam forums and in the process I discovered that at mediumish range(width of the juice ring on SteelPeel), a Gunner will punch out more damage than an Assault(both were Passive 1 and no rof/crit endorsements)
    About the only time the Assault won out over the Gunner is when the Assault was zoomed in and the Gunner wasn't spun up
  4. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I don't think the jump jet should be limited on the tank. The tank is slower than the gunner, and clawing tanks are nowhere near as bad as clawing gunners.
  5. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Well you probably haven't played many good tanks then. Clawing tanks>Clawing gunners
  6. F5in

F5in New Member

The reason people Like Chaos and Shammas do so good is because THEY'RE GOOD.
    Don't nerf the jets on the Xbox version, as only a little more than a few people are even good enough to use it properly. This is also coming from someone who's worst 2 classes are Gunner and Tank, due to inability to claw.
  7. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

gunner > assault. there just arent that many decent gunners out there and assaults can run away when they get in trouble.
  8. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

Gunners are currently the best counter to Assaults (Disregarding Snipers with robotic aim, of course) but optimizing your build often leaves you vulnerable to other classes, or makes your job as Gunner more difficult.
  9. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i dont optimize my build and i dont have too much of a problem with assaults at all.
  10. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

If uber takes away jump jet spamming on gunner I will never play again.
  11. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

Wait, this is the 360 board.
  12. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I have played both gunner and assault over the last few days. It is way too easy to take down a gunner as assault. If they get too close, charge them away. If you are taking damage, run away. If they are far away, ring them out with bomb 3. Are they standing around a corner? Use your GL.

Against a no armor assault, the gunner doesn't stand much of a chance if the assault has the drop. Try taking down a no armor assault who gets the drop on you and kills you in one clip or less. It is very annoying because I should be able to take down a no-armor assault very quickly, but as soon as you start to gain ground on them, they run like a little baby, get you from behind 30 seconds later, and taunt.
  13. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

again, decent gunners are almost as hard to find as decent tanks. any gunner that you consistently killd as an unarmored assault was just worse than you. played a private match against 3 unarmored assaults with my gunner and managed a score of around 8-4. most of them were big names too, but there is just not much an unarmored assault can do against a gunner.

yesting in public matches doesnt prove much because as i keep saying, most gunners in public matches are bad. i used to run speed Acc reload as my pubs gunner and did very well with it. would that build fly against someone who was halfway competent?
  14. xRustySpoon

xRustySpoon New Member

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, I WANT BUMPER JUMPER DAMN IT.
  15. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Isn't that what you call balance?
  16. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

I don't have any problems with the assault's balancing. He can't push bots. At all. Less than any other class. He can hardly kill turrets unless he's got a ROF endorsement.

Remember - this isn't deathmatch. The game doesn't have to be balanced on a class vs. class basis. It's balanced based on an objective basis. He kills pros and kills the moneyball. A team full of all assaults will lose because they'll never drop the ball.
  17. F5in

F5in New Member

They can push bots fine. This means that the match would get drawn out until overtime and the Assaults would juice juice on the ball, while also dominating the other team kill-wise. Assault is OP and if you think otherwise, lol.
  18. killien

killien Active Member

Other classes push bots even better
    Tank's deathblossom will destroy just about every bot with health under 3000 in a single shot(that's all bots except Bouncers and JackBotXLs). One swipe and any bots in the radius are scrap
    Assassin has a 10x multiplier vsBots and if properly endorsed and played will rip bots and Pros to shreds*

Yea, Assaults can do a good bit of damage to the MB but Gunner does twice as much.
    Take out the GL and every class has a weapon that will out-DPS an Assault when it comes to blasting the MB and how many Assaults do you ever see using the GL on the Moneyball?

*Take the 4 absolute best Assassin players and pit them against 6 of the best Assault players and the Assault team will get a run for their money
  19. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

Nah, dude. An assassin can push bots around a team of 6 assaults all day. All...fn...day.
  20. F5in

F5in New Member

It doesn't matter how much better other classes are at killing bots, the point is Assault can still kill them faster than they can spawn.
    Don't you play the PC or something? You realize the stats are different, right? 6 Assaults drawing the game out until OT will instakill the enemy moneyball.

Like I said, yeah Assassins can kill bots great, but how is she going to stop the Assaults from killing her bots? The match will get drawn out until overtime and the Assaults will win. Stop being an idiot and realize your argument is stupid.