Ant Tank Animation Question

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by meir22344, July 27, 2014.

1. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

Hi i was just wondering how the animation for the Ant Tank(or whatever it is called in this build) was done because I've just finished rigging my version of the Xiphid Basic Tank and was wondering how it was done.
  2. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

You don't need to do anything with animations for tanks. Have a look at at pa\anim\anim_trees\turret_anim_tree.json, that might give you a little understanding as to how it works.
  3. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

thanks the only reason i ask is that the rigging is a little different than the Ant Tank(whatever it is called) with the turret being up the front of the tank.
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Doesn't matter, the way simple things like turrets are done is almost procedural. You tell the code what bones to what part of the turret movements(Pitch, Yaw and Aiming Point) and the code handles the rest. You can also do some "complex" turrets like what the Pelter and Holkins have going on and those require a special specific setup for each one that we don't quite fully grasp yet. Animation in general is something we don't have a lot of info on yet.

Mike
    squishypon3 likes this.