Annoying bug

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by RaTcHeT302, February 1, 2011.

1. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

Steam decided to go offline and whenever I killed someone this appeared.
    [​IMG]
    Also I got a humiliation (and tons of other protags) but the protag and the achievement dind't got unlocked :(
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Could you translate the error message please? You know, in the off chance there is somebody on the forum who doesn't speak Italian (I think).

Also: You didn't get kicked out of the match when you lost your connection to Steam, that's pretty nice in my book. No achievements but at least you can finish the match.
  3. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

Something like :
    "Objective Unlocking Failed.
    Objective Unlocking Failed. Please check your memorization device."
  4. Col_Jessep

Well, the only way to make sure we can't easily manipulate protags and achievements is to store the information on the Steam server. I'm not sure anything can be done when you lose your connection to Steam without opening the door for abuse and cheating.

Does this happen often? I have lost the connection to Steam only once since release and that was a problem on my end. You might want to check your connection via:

http://www.pingtest.net/

and

http://www.speedtest.net/
  5. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

When Steam went into offline mode, did you get a message box saying 'You have lost your connection to Steam, you will be unable to post stats until you reconnect'?
  6. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

If I remember correctly it didn't.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. Col_Jessep

Your connection looks fine. If it doesn't happen frequently I would just write it off as connection glitch.
  8. spirit

spirit New Member

Its mostly annoying because it pops up and stops everything you're doing, and you have to click a small button to get rid of it. It has immediately resulted in my death every time.
  9. grimbar

grimbar New Member

What spirit said really, just make some other sort of notification but not one that requires a click and removes focus from character input please
  10. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I've had this once. I think it'd be nice to have it either;

• [1] piss off when you press Use so you don't have to faff about finding the mouse and clicking dismiss, or
      [2] have it tell you at the end of the match so you can get on with killin' teh money balls.